PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., May 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by AVANTE International Technology Inc, MyGuide™ Mobile Application is a patent-pending object-based on-demand personal "curator-expert" tour guide to art and other objects of interest.
AVANTE presents MyGuide™ for the first time at the 2016 Annual Meeting & Museum Expo, May 26-29, 2016 in Washington DC.
As a museum patron, one often experiences a sense of loss and disorientation when viewing art or an antique without knowledge of its historical background. Even with a tour guide, the experience is only as good as the guide's ability to communicate within a restricted time and on limited pieces. We may have hoped for one or more of the following:
- The curator or actual artist by your side, revealing artistic secrets or unusual details.
- An "updated" tour guide – explains historical context and cultural significance for objects discussed.
- Ability to "guide the guide" – access information about pieces of particular interest to you and to enhance your cultural experience.
- More details than provided by the abstracted and limited text accompanying large exhibitions or written on placards supplementing select pieces.
- Tours can be noisy with distractions everywhere – your guide might not speak loudly or clearly – other visitors may chat and disturb your experience – you want to "re-wind" and listen again to that snippet or comment – how about skipping ahead?
- What about botanical gardens? You may be interested to know more about a plant, flower, or tree than the accompanying information, usually limited to name and species.
- How to quickly and easily receive more data, information, interesting facts and videos on the subject you're interested in, at a pace and time convenient for you?
Perhaps you're ...
Touring art throughout a museum
Standing in front of a statue or artifact
Visiting a cultural or historical landmark
Discovering nature's splendor in a lush garden
Enjoying a day at the zoo with exotic and rare animals
MyGuide™ is a mobile application to "re-orient" you and enhance your museum or other experience. Installed on your smart phone, tablet or similar device, MyGuide™ delivers on-demand additional information on specific art works. Content is available via text, audio and other multimedia formats in the language of your choosing.
AVANTE is a privately held corporation based in Princeton Junction, New Jersey with subsidiary operations throughout the world.
Since 1995, AVANTE has pioneered and patented many security technologies protecting personnel and assets that include:
- "Received signal strength" (RSSI) for real-time location of assets
- Web-based location solution with role-based access of monitoring data
- Pin-point of assets that encounter exceptions including tampering and motion
- Covert and non-destructive asset tags
- Motion sensor for theft prevention
- Safety protection to staff and security via staff badge with panic call button
- Mobile apps for museum and public display visit navigation and enhancement of visitor experience
Avante International Technology, Inc.
70 Washington Rd.
Princeton Jct. NJ 08550
P: (609) 799 - 8896
For technical inquires, contact: Jeffery Douglass, (609) 799 – 8896 ext. 129 Email
Media contact: Amy Grossman, (609) 799 – 8896 ext. 144 Email
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/myguide-mobile-application--an-expert-tour-guide-300275377.html
SOURCE Avante International Technology