PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mynd Calendar – the free, top-rated iOS calendar app from Alminder, Inc., that includes smart, never-before-available productivity capabilities – today added a new meeting scheduling feature that solves the challenge of coordinating schedules from your mobile phone. The new "Mynd Scheduler" is part of a series of product enhancements that expand Mynd's list of market firsts, from calculating real-time drive time and tracking mileage travelled to automatically attaching relevant LinkedIn profiles and Evernote information to calendar appointments.
New Meeting Scheduler
With the new Mynd Scheduler, you can easily suggest multiple potential meeting times to your friends, family or colleagues from your mobile phone with just a few clicks. Simply tap "Schedule Event" inside Mynd Calendar, and Mynd automatically highlights a number of available time slots for your one-click selection. Then select the ideal times and add attendees from your contacts. Mynd Calendar will temporarily block the available time options you've selected on your calendar, generate an invitation with a bulleted list of meeting time choices plus a location map, and email it to your invitees. As soon as you've agreed on a final meeting time, Mynd will release the hold on the rejected times from your calendar. There's no need for all invitees to be on the same calendaring system, and the integration with your calendar eliminates the risk of filling one of the suggested meeting times while you wait for email responses.
Smartest iOS Calendar on the Market
These enhancements add to the broad feature suite that sets Mynd Calendar apart from every other smart calendar app. In addition to keeping track of static information like dates and contacts, Mynd Calendar provides new ways to view your productivity and get more done through a unique interface, deep integration with other productivity apps, and the ability to learn and react to your habits via machine learning. Innovations include:
- A home screen that visually represents your day and productivity by displaying Apple Reminders, photos of contacts to be met in person, weather, and stats on how you spend your time including miles travelled.
- One click to call and join conference calls, eliminating the need to type access codes.
- Smart drive time assistance to get you to meetings on time, including calculating drive time based on current and historic traffic conditions as well as automatically launching Google Maps, Apple Maps or Waze to help with navigation.
- Easy 'running late' notifications, making it possible to contact meeting attendees by phone, text or email directly from Mynd Calendar when you're running behind schedule.
- LinkedIn integration that pulls in profile data for meeting attendees and displays that information for review before a scheduled meeting.
- Evernote integration that attaches relevant notes to calendar appointments, ensuring that you are always prepared for your next meeting.
About Alminder Inc.
Founded in 2012, Alminder is an early-stage mobile start-up located in Palo Alto, CA. The company's core offering is Mynd Calendar, an award-winning iOS app that acts as an intelligent mobile assistant. The company is supported by Tugboat Ventures; Dave Hersch, founding CEO of Jive; Rob Bernshteyn, founding CEO of Coupa Software; and Russ Siegelman, former partner at KPCB. Its key management and talent staff met at Good Technology and Motorola Mobility, where they learned how to build fun and useful mobile solutions used by millions. Alminder's goal is to provide users with useful, actionable knowledge that helps them be successful. For more information, visit www.myndcalendar.com.
SOURCE Alminder, Inc.