NADAguides.com Names the 2012 BMW 650i Featured Vehicle of the Month for February Stunning Design and Legendary Performance Meet in One Sweet Spot
COSTA MESA, Calif., Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of new and used vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2012 BMW 650i sports coupe as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for February. Completely redesigned, this third generation BMW 650i offers a striking new design, a wider, lower stance, a more fuel-efficient and powerful V8 engine, a more driver-focused dashboard, state-of-the-art technology and more. For those shopping in the premium coupe segment, the BMW 650i stands out as a world class grand touring car, which makes it a perfect choice for the NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month for February.
- NADAguides.com analysts were impressed with the driving performance and handling of the BMW 650i, in particular the engine's responsiveness and the ride comfort. The new design, featuring a longer chassis and wider track, provides excellent road holding and superior control and handling. The 4.4 liter twin turbo V8 engine generates 400 horsepower and can be mated to an 8-speed Sport Automatic gearbox or BMW's traditional 6-speed manual transmission.
- Along with its performance capabilities, the BMW 650i also offers state-of-the-art technology as expected. NADAguides.com analysts were especially impressed with the innovative BMW ConnectedDrive function, which includes a host of driver assistance technology such as Automatic High Beams, Lane DepartureWarning, cornering lights, Active Blind Spot Detection, Rear and Top View cameras, Parking Assistant and a new, three-dimensional, full-color Head-Up Display that is projected onto the windshield.
- NADAguides.com analysts noted that website traffic for the BMW 650i increased 19 percent from Q3 to Q4 of last year coinciding with the car's availability at dealerships.
- The 2012 BMW 650i Coupe has a starting MSRP of $83,000 and goes up to a MSRP of $86,000 for the BMW 650i xDrive model.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com: "Totally redesigned, the new BMW 650i is the perfect combination of stability, handling and quickness while offering the grandest touring experience. Luxury coupe car shoppers in the premium segment will appreciate the perfect blend of a sharp, tight and tasteful interior, premium technology amenities and an unbelievably smooth, yet powerful V8 engine. The 2012 BMW 650i offers an exciting driving experience, earning it a spot as our Featured Vehicle of the Month of February."
- Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMWNA LLC: "The 2012 BMW 650i is a perfect harmonious blend of personal premium luxury and outstanding performance that defines and excites its segment with impressive value unmatched by its competitors."
2012 BMW 650i Highlights
- Engine: The 4.4-liter V-8 engine delivers a maximum 400 horsepower between 5,500 and 6,400 rpm, and makes peak torque of 450 lb-ft between 1,750 and 4,500 rpm. The unique "reverse-flow" engine, whose two turbochargers are positioned in the V-area between the cylinder banks, produces an instantaneous and sustained wave of power that impressed NADAguides.com analysts. The engine can be paired with either BMW's new 8-speed Sport Automatic gearbox or BMW's traditional 6-speed manual transmission.
- Interior: Inside the BMW 650i features 2+2 seating, carefully coordinated colors and meticulously sculpted surfaces combined to produce an ambience defined by luxury, style and functionality. A hallmark BMW element of the interior design is the driver-oriented cockpit layout. The central section of the instrument panel, containing the iDrive system's Central Display, the air vents and the controls for the audio system and air conditioning, are all angled slightly to benefit the driver. In addition, the gearshift lever and the switches for the parking brake and Driving Dynamics Control are located on a surface that opens out toward the driver and is set lower than the front passenger side of the center console.
- Technology: The Navigation system, telephone and entertainment functions are operated using the iDrive control system. The on-board monitor takes the form of a 10.2 inch freestanding flatscreen display. The new BMW 650i Coupe is available with a number of driver assistance systems and mobility services from BMW ConnectedDrive. The comprehensive Driver Assistance Package includes Automatic High Beams, Lane Departure Warning, Active Blind Spot Detection, Rear and Top View cameras, Parking Assistant, and a new three-dimensional, full-color Head-Up Display. Also available are BMW's Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection and Active Cruise Control with stop-and-go capability. The coupe offers several audio options starting with the standard HiFi audio system, with an HD Radio receiver, MP3-compatible CD drive, AUX-IN connection, and a HiFi loudspeaker system with nine speakers. The available Premium Sound Package adds SiriusXM satellite radio with a 1-year subscription, iPod and USB adapter, and the Premium HiFi system comprised of 12 loudspeakers and a digital amplifier. Also available as an option is the Bang & Olufsen High-End Surround Sound System delivering an unparalleled audio experience.
- Safety: The new BMW 650i Coupe is fitted with newly developed lightweight seats with an integrated seatbelt system and standard 20-way multi-contour adjustability and adjustable lumbar support. Optionally, the Luxury Seating Package adds front ventilated seats and active fatigue reduction can be added. All seat variants come with crash-activated anti-whiplash head restraints. The range of standard safety equipment also includes front airbags, head-thorax side airbags integrated into the seat frame, three-point automatic belts for all seats, belt force limiters and front belt pre-tensioners and ISOFIX child seat mounts in the rear.
- Price/Warranty: The 2012 BMW 650i has a starting MSRP of $83,000 and goes up to a MSRP of $86,000 for the BMW 650i xDrive model. All new BMW vehicles come with a 4-year/50,000-mile warranty, 4-year/50,000 mile maintenance program, 4-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance and 4-year/unlimited mileage BMW Assist Safety Plan.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal.
NADAguides.com (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.