NADAguides.com Names the 2012 Buick Verano Featured Vehicle of the Month for May Buick's All-New Compact Luxury Sedan Offers Elegance with Safety and Technology
COSTA MESA, Calif., May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2012 Buick Verano as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for May. The Buick Verano combines luxury and technology features at a reasonable price point and elegantly flaunts the new design direction of the brand that is heralded by the Enclave, LaCrosse and Regal.
- Launched late last year, the Verano is Buick's first entry in the compact luxury segment; a segment that is gaining popularity with buyers registering a 61% sales increase since 2009. The Buick Verano is also gaining its own popularity among consumers with sales increasing 20% from March to April.
- Powered by a standard Ecotec 2.4 liter, four-cylinder, direct injected engine producing 180 horsepower and mated to a six-speed automatic powertrain, the Verano achieves an estimated 32 mpg on the highway. NADAguides.com analysts were impressed with the Verano engine's E85 capability, enabling buyers the ability to choose Ethanol in addition to regular gasoline.
- A 2012 Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick, the Buick Verano offers a host of safety features including 10 standard air bags, anti-lock brakes, full-function traction control, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response. NADAguides.com analysts also noted the rear parking assist as an additional safety feature of the Buick Verano, which is available on the 1SG and 1SL models.
- Along with its safety and performance capabilities, the 2012 Buick Verano shows off new Buick design language including an arching roofline, sculpted chrome accents, blue translucent projector beam headlamps and standard, 18-inch, multi-spoke, alloy finish wheels. The Verano also offers the technology that shoppers currently demand including an all-new Buick IntelliLink system, which uses Bluetooth or USB to connect the driver's smartphone to a seven-inch, LED high-resolution, full-color touch screen display radio.
- The 2012 Buick Verano has a starting MSRP of $22,585 and goes up to $25,965 for the four-door sedan with Leather Group.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com:
"The 2012 Buick Verano is a stand out model in the compact luxury segment, already achieving significant sales increases in its first few months and holding its own with more established brands in the segment like Acura and Audi. We were impressed with the Verano's thoughtful design, luxury appointments, quiet ride and full suite of safety and technology features, making it an easy choice for Featured Vehicle of the Month of May."
- Brian Sweeney, Vice President of Buick Sales and Service:
"Buick vehicles are appealing to consumers of all ages who are looking for purposeful technology, unexpected luxury features at an attractive price, and expressive design, and the Verano offers all those attributes and more. Verano has increased its sales every month since launching late last year and is bringing new buyers into Buick showrooms."
2012 Buick Verano Highlights
- Engine: The 2012 Buick Verano comes standard with a powerful Ecotec 2.4L four-cylinder, with dual-overhead camshafts, variable valve timing and E85 capability. The engine produces 180 horsepower and 170 lb.-ft. of torque and the direct injection technology helps it produce more power with less fuel and lower emissions. The engine is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission that helps the Verano deliver an estimated 32 mpg on the highway. NADAguides analysts noted the Verano's advanced Z-link rear suspension, which is lighter and requires less space than a typical fully independent rear suspension. The lower weight helps contribute to the vehicle's fuel economy, while the compact design enables more trunk space.
- Interior: Inside the Buick Verano offers exceptional seat comfort and support, as well as premium soft-touch materials, including ambient lighting inspired by the LaCrosse. Metallic and wood trims and warm ambient lighting make the cabin an inviting environment, while unexpected interior touches surprise and delight, including a heated steering wheel, which is connected to the Verano's heated seats and linked with the remote start feature. In temperatures lower than 45 F, the steering wheel heater and seat heaters automatically activate. Analysts at NADAguides.com also noted the quiet ride of the Verano as compared to other vehicles in its class and point to the use of quiet-tuning systems that are built into the vehicle's architecture, designed to block or absorb sound and dampen and eliminate vibrations.
- Technology: The 2012 Buick Verano offers comprehensive connectivity that is enabled by OnStar's remote vehicle access, which makes keeping tabs on the vehicle easy from anywhere with a smart phone. By downloading the OnStar app, owners can utilize remote vehicle features that enable them to check a multitude of items including fuel tank level and range, fuel mileage, remaining oil life, tire pressure, odometer reading, as well as vehicle locking/unlocking, remote vehicle start and a vehicle locator. In addition, the Verano offers the latest in multimedia including a radio system with a navigation system, USB and auxiliary input jacks, full Bluetooth with streaming audio, structural speech recognition and SMS texts. Additional connectivity features include text-to-speech conversion of SMS texts, smart phone app integration (Pandora, Stitcher) and Gracenote music organization for external devices (USB drives, etc.), including Playlist Plus and Album Art features.
- Safety: As a 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick, the Verano is fully equipped with an array of excellent standard safety features to protect driver and passengers should an accident occur. Such standard safety features include ten airbags, more than any car in its class, a collapsible pedal system, which allows the pedals to detach during a crash to reduce the risk of leg or ankle injuries and StabiliTrak. The Verano also comes standard with four-channel anti-lock brakes and Buick's electronic stability control system, which helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both.
- Price/Warranty: The 2012 Buick Verano has a starting MSRP of $22,585 and goes up to $25,595 with the Leather Package. The Buick Verano comes with a 4 years/50,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty, and roadside assistance for 5 years/100,000 miles.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com based upon performance, efficiency, features, value and appeal. Vehicles chosen are stand out vehicles in their segment based upon quality interior and exterior engineering, excellent attention to detail, and success in its intended function. Featured vehicles also demonstrate a competitive price value that includes a standard feature set that goes above and beyond vehicles in its segment.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com/) is the largest publisher of the most market-reflective vehicle pricing and information available for automotive, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools including, a broad range of data, products and services, informational articles, as well as tips and advice. NADAguides.com also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks. NADAguides.com is an alliance partner of NADA Services Corporation.