NADAguides.com Names the 2012 Infiniti FX50 Featured Vehicle of the Month for April Unique Styling Infused with Luxury, Performance and Utility
COSTA MESA, Calif., April 3, 2012 News Highlights
- NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2012 Infiniti FX50 as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for April. With an array of comfort, technology and aesthetic options, very competitive performance numbers and pricing, as well as redesigned exterior elements, the 2012 Infiniti FX50 combines distinctive styling with exciting performance, utility, and versatility.
- Featuring a powerful 5.0 liter V8 engine that produces 390 horsepower, NADAguides.com analysts were impressed with how well the updated design for the 2012 Infiniti FX50 complemented its performance cues. The FX sports distinctive side air vents, which allow air to flow through the engine compartment and out of the side vehicle, reducing front end lift. In addition, the large LED taillights extend beyond the body to help create aerodynamic down force, while large dual exhaust outlets complete the performance look.
- NADAguides.com analysts took note of the advanced Rear Active Steer system available on the FX50. This system uses precise, electronic motor-driven control to turn the rear wheels up to one degree, helping generate a nimble steering response at low speeds and enhance handling feel at high speeds.
- Along with its performance capabilities and newly updated exterior, the 2012 Infiniti FX50's updated interior offers a wide range of creature comforts not found on most of the competitors within the segment, including an 11 speaker Bose audio system, tire specific low tire pressure warning system, surround view parking sensors, and 21 inch wheels. The all wheel drive, heated seats and Vehicle Dynamic Control system make this Infiniti FX50 well equipped to maximize comfort and handling in any season.
- The 2012 Infiniti FX50 has a starting MSRP of $59,800 and goes up to $64,050 with the additional Sport Package.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com:
"The 2012 Infiniti FX50 continues to command attention with very unique styling, performance abilities and versatility, attracting several diverse market segments. Not only does the Infiniti FX50 represent luxury, but safety and very exciting performance are melded as well. Everything is present for you to have a very comfortable, relaxed and pampered ride and the V8 engine keeps the blood pumping with quick response and continuous power. This is a vehicle you look forward to driving and has earned its spot as our Featured Vehicle of the Month of April."
- Ben Poore, Vice President at Infiniti Americas:
"Changes to the Infiniti FX for 2012 further distinguish it from those vehicles that have chased after its design leadership. The Infiniti FX50's performance has always kept it ahead of the pack and once again its design does so too."
2012 Infiniti FX50 Highlights
- Engine: The 2012 Infiniti FX50 comes with a 5.0-liter V8 engine that produces 390 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. It utilizes Infiniti's Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL) valve control technology, which continuously adjusts valve timing and lift amounts, enabling higher fuel efficiency with higher torque and improved emissions over conventional variable valve designs. Teamed with Infiniti's Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD), the Infiniti FX50 provides power where and when the driver needs it. NADAguides.com analysts were particularly impressed with how quickly the Intelligent AWD adapts to changing conditions. By constantly monitoring wheelspin, throttle position and vehicle speed, this system automatically diverts up to 50 percent of the available power to the front wheels, enhancing traction and control in adverse conditions. When all-wheel drive is not needed, the system sends 100 percent of the power to the rear wheels for more responsive road performance.
- Interior: Inside the Infiniti FX50 includes a command center-style cockpit designed to enhance the driving experience. Its array of comfort and convenience equipment ranges from a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob to dual front and rear cup holders, four 12-volt power outlets, power windows with front one-touch auto-up/down function, power door locks and available tonneau cover and aluminum pedal accents. The high-tech interior design includes an Infiniti signature, double-wave instrument panel and Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges. In addition, the 2012 FX50 includes meter illumination, adding a more pronounced white appearance for the driver. Heated front seats are now standard on all FX models, with the option to add a cooling function.
- Technology: As a showcase of Infiniti's groundbreaking technology capabilities, the FX offers available Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA), Distance Control Assist (DCA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP). Additionally, the Infiniti FX50 is equipped with advanced audio, navigation and technology – ranging from a Bose 11-speaker Premium Audio system to the Infiniti Intelligent Key, Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range) and Around View® Monitor (AVM) – which provides a virtual 360 degrees view of objects around the vehicle, helping to maneuver it in tight spots.
- Safety: Safety features found on every 2012 FX include a seat belt reminder system; standard Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System, 3-point front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters, and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System with individual tire pressure display. Also featured in the FX50 are Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts. NADAguides.com analysts noted that the Infiniti FX50 utilized patented technology to automatically retract some seat belt webbing if the system detects emergency braking or an emergency handling situation. In addition, the FX50 front seat belts have a function that automatically self-adjusts the seat belt with buckled to help provide a comfortable and relaxed fit for the driver and passenger.
- Price/Warranty: The 2012 Infiniti FX50 has a MSRP of $59,800 and goes up to $64,050 with the additional Sport Package. All new Infiniti FX vehicles come with a 4 years/60,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty, and roadside assistance for 4 years/unlimited miles.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com/) is the largest publisher of the most market-reflective vehicle pricing and information available for automotive, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools including a broad range of data, products and services, informational articles, as well as tips and advice. NADAguides.com also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks. NADAguides.com is an alliance partner of NADA Services Corporation.