NADAguides.com Names the BMW 328i Sedan Featured Vehicle of the Month for August BMW's Entry Level Luxury Sedan is Class Leader in U.S. Sales and Fuel Efficiency
COSTA MESA, Calif., Aug. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the BMW 328i sedan as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for August. The BMW 3-series has remained the consistent U.S. sales leader in its class for the past 12 years, and NADAguides.com analysts point out that price and favorable first-year depreciation are undeniable considerations for consumers.
- The 2013 BMW 328i four-door, rear-wheel drive sedan holds a muscular 2.0-liter, four-cylinder, twin-turbocharged engine producing 240 horsepower. Even with this much power under the hood, the BMW 328i achieves a class-leading EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 23 mpg city/33 mpg highway (A/T). BMW has also added an ECO PRO mode that aims to maximize drivers' efficiency; for automatic transmissions the system uses engine management software to upshift earlier or stay longer in higher gears; and for manual transmissions the system recommends gear shifts.
- In a NADAguides.com poll, more than half of consumers said high performance and reliable quality were the top reasons to purchase a luxury vehicle, followed by personal image or status (23 percent) and state of the art technology (22 percent).
- The newly redesigned 2013 BMW 328i is offered as a four-cylinder sedan, and a six-cylinder coupe or convertible; with a new sport wagon making its debut in U.S. showrooms in spring 2013.
- The BMW 328i has a starting manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $36,500 for the base trim level with rear-wheel drive and goes up to $47,600 for the two-door convertible.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com:
"Sales numbers don't lie. The BMW 3-series consistently leads the market. Customers looking for a sporty, luxury sedan will find a powerful, fuel-efficient selection in the BMW 328i. The forward-thinking features and consistent high resale value makes it a solid choice for the Featured Vehicle of the Month for August."
- Richard Brekus, General Manager, Sales, BMW of North American, LLC:
"The BMW 328i is the archetypal compact sport sedan. Now in its sixth generation, the 3 Series continues to shape its own segment by providing drivers with balanced measures of sporty driving dynamics, everyday versatility, safety, and efficiency. That balance makes every 3 Series the perfect definition of a BMW, and therefore, a solid value."
2013 BMW 328i Sedan
- Engine: Inside the BMW 328i sedan is a 2.0-liter, four-cylinder and 16-valve engine providing class-leading 240 horsepower with fuel efficiency of 23 mpg city/33 mpg highway (A/T).
- Interior: The redesign of the BMW 328i sedan added extra legroom and headroom for rear passengers. It comes equipped with eight-way power front seats, leatherette upholstery, two-way manual headrests. Driver memory settings include two presets for exterior mirror and seat positions. Additional settings are available for climate-control temperature and air-distribution.
- Technology: Standard in the BMW 328i sedan are iPod® and USB adapters, Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling, an on-board computer that provides feedback on the vehicle's operating status, dynamic cruise control and BMW's iDrive system with a 6.5-inch, full color flat-screen display. Convenience features include front and rear ambient lighting, exterior mirror and power seat settings, audio tone settings and radio presets, central-locking preferences and lighting preferences.
- Safety: The BMW 328i sedan is equipped with standard safety features including driver and passenger advanced front airbags, seat-mounted side-impact airbags, front and rear Head Protection System (HPS), Antilock Brake System (ABS) and an impact sensor that disconnects the alternator, fuel pump and starter from the battery and turns on hazard lights, interior lights and unlocks doors. The 2012 BMW 328i sedan is also a "Top Safety Pick" from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), earning high marks for all tests and for including an electronic stability control system.
- Price/Warranty: The BMW 328i has a starting MSRP of $36,500 for the base four-door sedan trim with rear-wheel drive and goes up to $47,600 for the two-door convertible. All BMW models come with a four-year/50,000-mile limited basic warranty and a four-year/50,000-mile, no-cost maintenance program and roadside assistance.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. The featured vehicle of the month is chosen based on its competitiveness within its respective segment. NADAguides' analysts compare MSRP, engine and horsepower, MPG, warranty, first year depreciation, sales and incentive volume as well as the list of standard features on each vehicle to determine the best vehicle in the segment.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com/) is the largest publisher of the most market-reflective vehicle pricing and information available for automotive, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools including, a broad range of data, products and services, informational articles, as well as tips and advice. NADAguides.com also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks. NADAguides.com is an alliance partner of NADA Services Corporation.