Nasuni Introduces Unified Storage: A Complete Storage Solution For Remote Offices Nasuni Unifies Remote Office Storage with a Solution for Files and Blocks; Also Releases a Next Generation Hardware Appliance and a New Level of Active Customer Support
NATICK, Mass., July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Nasuni®, a provider of enterprise storage to large, distributed organizations, today introduced Unified Storage, a complete storage solution for remote and branch offices. In remote offices, files typically account for more than 80 percent of storage, with the rest taking the form of blocks. With Unified Storage, Nasuni is now the only cloud-based solution that can support the full range of storage needs encountered by remote and branch locations, eliminating the need to manage multiple storage systems.
With Nasuni, organizations need only install an instance of Nasuni's on-site appliance at each location. Within hours, every location with a Nasuni appliance will have shared access to all files, and all storage will be under secure, central management.
"With Nasuni we've already simplified our storage by consolidating the file storage, backup and offsite protection into a single solution completely managed from HQ," said Matt Donehoo, Director of Information Systems at Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, a Chicago based law firm with offices spread throughout the United States. "The addition of SAN storage via iSCSI to our existing Nasuni footprint allows us to bring all of the remaining storage in remote offices into Nasuni. We can now ship one box that satisfies all the storage requirements in our remote offices. This is huge for anyone trying to manage multiple sites."
Specifically, Nasuni provides:
- All-in-One Storage for Remote Offices: With the inclusion of block storage to Nasuni's award-winning file storage system, remote offices now have a complete solution that delivers primary storage, backup, and offsite protection for both files and blocks – making all other storage or protection systems redundant.
- Multi-Office File Access: Nasuni uses built-in synchronization to deliver shared access to all data in every office, extending the reach of office-specific expertise and knowledge across the entire firm. Distributed teams can work together and increase productivity with local performance.
- Simplified Management of Storage Infrastructure: No matter where data is located or how fast the storage demands are growing, the entire Nasuni system can be managed and controlled from headquarters. Unlike traditional storage and protection systems, there is no need to have local IT staff to manage remote office storage.
- Unlimited and On-Demand Scalability: Setting up a new remote office is as easy as installing a new Nasuni appliance. Within minutes, the new office has complete access to the entire storage volume, no matter how many terabytes it may be. And with Nasuni, IT can provision multiple terabytes instantly, without needing to change the physical infrastructure, which gives organizations the ability to easily address the explosive growth of file data.
- Perpetual Access and Complete Protection: Personnel at multiple offices can access files stored on Nasuni forever, and they are always secure. Files are encrypted at the client site and only the customer holds the encryption keys. Plus, all files are protected by Nasuni's 100% availability guarantee, which is backed by the industry's most stringent SLA.
- Anti-Virus Protection: New with this release, Nasuni has integrated open-source anti-virus protection into its appliance, adding to Nasuni's data protection capabilities which already include automatic backup, data encryption and instant disaster recovery.
"Managing and providing storage to remote offices has long been a huge pain in the neck for the enterprise, and we've struggled to find a effective solution that provides good performance without an enormous price point and massive management headaches," said David Cerniglia, CEO of Consiliant. "Nasuni has finally delivered what we've been looking for. Their Unified Storage solution provides the complete storage package for remote offices, and it scales beautifully."
Nasuni also announced a more powerful hardware appliance, which customers implement on-site as part of the Nasuni solution. With more than six times the number of spindles, twice as much RAM and two processors, the new model can support three times the workload of the previous model and is designed for larger branch offices and small data centers.
Finally, Nasuni is introducing Active Customer Support, which enables customers to give Nasuni direct access to the Nasuni appliance to troubleshoot issues and fix problems in the local infrastructure. Every transaction is logged, and Nasuni has access only during the window specified by the customer.
"Nasuni offers the industry's only consolidated and unified storage solution for remote offices," said Andres Rodriguez, CEO of Nasuni. "With Nasuni, enterprise IT can centrally manage all storage for remote locations and give all offices access to shared data at local speeds."
Unified Storage is immediately available to existing and new Nasuni customers at no additional cost to the annual subscription.
Nasuni is an enterprise storage company that provides globally distributed organizations with a simple, unified storage solution for all of their remote and branch offices. By combining on-premise hardware with cloud storage, Nasuni delivers a secure, all-in-one data storage solution that provides local performance for users, simplified and centralized management for IT, and an easily scalable complete remote office storage solution for the enterprise.
Nasuni is privately held and based in Natick, Mass. For more information, visit www.nasuni.com.
All company and product names are property of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
Davies Murphy Group