NATB Accredited Ticket Brokers offer a Money Back Guarantee
WASHINGTON, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Association of Ticket Brokers (NATB) is reminding ticket purchasers that buying from a registered NATB ticket broker comes with a money back guarantee. This in response to a recent article by NewsChannel 5.com about counterfeit tickets for the Tennessee Titans vs. Chicago Bears game this past Sunday.
NATB General Counsel and Executive Director Gary Adler stated, "Fans often get caught up in the excitement of going to the game and might not always pay attention to detail. Buying tickets from a NATB authorized website means you are buying from an NATB accredited ticket resell broker and that means you get a full money back guarantee should the tickets turn out to be counterfeit." Adler goes on to say "in addition to the full money back guarantee, all NATB members offer a 200% guarantee that the tickets purchased will arrive on time and as ordered."
Below is a list of Do's and Don'ts that all ticket purchasers should take into consideration when purchasing tickets from a resell ticket provider.
- Check to see if the reseller is a member of the NATB at www.natb.org. The NATB has membership standards that promote ethical business conduct. For example, NATB members offer a 200% money-back guarantee if a ticket is not delivered.
- Know the difference between a broker (legitimate and accredited reseller) and a scalper (unregulated and unlicensed ticket seller).
- Only deal with a reseller that provides clear details about the terms of the transaction.
- Check the consumer protection measures the broker has in place, including its refund policy.
- Use a credit card or another secure form of payment, which provides better protection than cash. If a reseller only accepts cash - beware.
- Always ask for section, row and seat numbers to avoid buying phantom tickets.
- Verify the location of seats on a seating chart provided by the venue to avoid being misled into purchasing view obstructed seats or seats that do not exist.
- If you purchase a counterfeit ticket, immediately report it to the NATB's hotline at 1-630-510-4594.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to get all the answers you need to feel comfortable.
- If someone is listing a ticket at the fraction of the price being charged elsewhere use caution. If something looks too good to be true it usually is.
- Avoid buying tickets from scalpers on the street or in front of venues.
- Avoid buying tickets from unsecured or misleading Internet sites.
- Do not use cash.
Any and all questions, comments or interview requests may be made directly to Gary Adler at (202) 216-8307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NATB was formed in 1994 by a group of leading ticket brokers involved in the sale of sports, concerts and theater admission tickets, for the purpose of establishing an industry-wide standard of conduct and to create ethical rules and procedures to educate the public concerning ticket-brokering services and to serve the primary goal of the NATB -- promoting consumer protection. All members of the NATB are dedicated to the principle of assuring the public that dealings with NATB members are conducted with integrity, reliability and convenience. To this end, the NATB has created procedures that permit the public to report improper and unethical conduct by ticket brokers, and to disseminate consumer protection warnings and guidelines. Through self-governance, the NATB has provided many enhanced protections for ticket-buying consumers. The NATB has worked with law enforcement agencies across the country, state and federal legislators and the NFL and other professional sports leagues and teams, to accomplish these goals, and has been vital in the NFL's fight against counterfeit and stolen tickets.
More information about the NATB, including details on the money back guarantee, is available at www.natb.org.
SOURCE National Association of Ticket Brokers
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.