NEW YORK, Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The insider report 'National Broadband Plans in AME: Governments Leverage the Private Sector to Achieve Ambitious Targets' offers an overview of efforts taken by the government in the AME region to develop the broadband infrastructure. It delivers comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research into NBPs adopted by AME countries. This presentation-quality report provides an analysis of governments' initiatives and operators' involvement in broadband infrastructure development.
- The region features significant differences in broadband penetration levels among countries in Africa and the Middle East owing to differences in the income levels and the maturity of telecom sector.
- African countries are mainly targeting to improve broadband penetration nationally. Middle Eastern countries have included targets to reduce the digital divide in the country by improving broadband connectivity in rural areas.
- Numerous countries with low broadband penetration are targeting to provide broadband coverage with relatively lower speed in the short term, however, long-term targets include provision of broadband services with faster speed.
- Funding of the NBPs poses the challenge in many AME countries. In addition to providing direct funds from budgets and universal service funds, governments have been encouraging private investments by regulatory reforms that reduce barriers to entry and encourage infrastructure sharing.
National Broadband Plans in AME: Governments Leverage the Private-Sector to Achieve Ambitious Targets,' a new Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, provides an overview of the national broadband plans (NBP) adopted by the governments in Africa and the Middle East (AME) region.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional market context analyzing the impact of economic development on broadband penetration in several AME countries .
- Analysis of priorities set under NBPs such as targets, technology, funding and role of governments as well as private operators.
- Case studies on three countries' NBP with focus on analysis of targets, goals, government initiatives, operators' involvement and progress over the period.
- Key findings, detailing the analysis of NBPs on several parameters such as targets, funding strategies, preferred technologies and strategies adopted by government to achieve the targets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Insider Report provides a five-year forecast of fixed broadband and mobile data developed using Pyramid Research's rigorous bottom-up modeling methodologies, to enable executives to effectively position their companies for growth opportunities and emerging trends in demand for their products.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the AME market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- Gain understanding of governments' goals and initiatives to make informed decisions pertaining to investments in network and technologies and optimize return on investment.
- Develop an understating of national broadband plans through the analysis of targets, technologies, governmental support, operators' roles and funding strategies.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04487430-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-broadband-plans-in-ame-governments-leverage-the-private-sector-to-achieve-ambitious-targets-300396760.html