NEW YORK, Jan. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
"National Broadband Plans in Asia-Pacific: Focus on Bridging the Digital Divide to Spur Economic Growth" report provides an overview of the national broadband plans adopted by the governments in APAC region. This includes an analysis of priorities set under NBPs such as targets, technology, funding and role of governments as well as private operators. The report also provides case studies on countries' NBPs with focus on targets, goals, government initiatives, operator involvement and progress over the period.
- The digital divide remains a major concern for many countries in APAC region, making it a key agenda in NBPs. Examples of these countries include India, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand etc.
- Other key goals included in the NBPs in APAC countries involve improving speed and quality of broadband services, deployment of new technologies, digitization of government institutions and offices etc.
- Fiber-optic is the preferred technology for most of the countries on account of high transmission speeds, which helps operators meet demands of high bandwidth services.
- Governments and operators are actively investing in the broadband infrastructure to attain goals laid under the national broadband plans. Government are extending support in the form of funds as well as introducing regulatory measures and offering spectrum. While operators are supporting by making investments in their networks.
National Broadband Plans in Asia-Pacific: Focus on Bridging the Digital Divide to Spur Economic Growth ,' a new Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, provides insights into national broadband plans or strategies (NBPs) in the Asia-Pacific region. This report investigates NBPs in APAC countries that have included targets pertaining to broadband services and digitization of government offices, institutions and public places. Countries such as India, China, Malaysia, Taiwan and Vietnam among others have goals to extend broadband access, while countries including Indonesia and China have also defined minimum speed of broadband services in their respective NBPs. The report analyses targets, technologies, funding strategies and role of government and private sector in achieving the goals of NBPs. It also includes brief information on NBPs of select countries in the region. Case studies on NBPs of five countries are provided, which include overview, goals, government initiatives, operator involvement and progress.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain understanding of governments' goals and initiatives to make informed decisions pertaining to investments in network and technologies and optimize return on investment.
- Develop understating of markets through analysis of targets, technologies, government support, operator role and funding strategies.
- Understand growth opportunities as per emerging trends in broadband segment using information on five year forecast for fixed-broadband, mobile penetration and 3G+ subscription in APAC.
- Case studies on NBPs of five countries focus on details about NBP objectives, government strategies being pursued to boost investments and adoption of broadband services along with information of investments by operators to drive their business, provide understanding of the markets for prospective market entrants as well as for existing operators.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04540307-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-broadband-plans-in-asia-pacific-focus-on-bridging-the-digital-divide-to-spur-economic-growth-300397688.html