SILVER SPRING, Md., May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, 11 Career Technical Education (CTE) programs of study received the Excellence in Action award from Advance CTE. Hailing from 10 states, these programs represent the best of CTE, with each providing clear pathways into college and careers, rigorous academic and technical coursework, strong partnerships with industry leaders, and impactful work-based learning experiences that offer opportunities for career exploration and subject-matter mastery.
Award-winning programs provide learners from diverse communities with the supports to succeed in the education pathway and career of their choice. Advance CTE is pleased to recognize the following award winners in Career Cluster areas:
- Culinology, Bergen County Technical Schools, NJ (Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources)
- Graphic Arts, Passaic County Technical Institute, NJ (Arts, A/V Technology & Communications)
- Education Career Academy, Millard Public Schools, NE (Education & Training)
- Shea Government and Public Administration Academy, Pawtucket School Department, RI (Government and Public Administration)
- Emergency Medical Technology, Jones County Junior College, MS (Health Science)
- Culinary and Hospitality Services, Jack E. Singley Academy, TX (Hospitality & Tourism)
- Networking Engineering, Summit Technology Academy, MO (Information Technology)
- Law, Public Safety and Security, Milton Hershey School, PA (Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security)
- Mechatronics, Oakland High School, TN (Manufacturing)
- Engineering, Harmony Magnet Academy, CA (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
- Automotive Technology, Warren County Area Technology Center, KY (Transportation, Distribution & Logistics)
"I am so proud of these exemplary programs and all they offer learners across the country," said Kimberly Green, Executive Director of Advance CTE. "Boasting impressive graduation and completion rates, credential attainment, and hands-on learning experiences, these programs demonstrate what high-quality CTE has to offer, and its ability to set students up for success across the spectrum of careers."
Award recipients were honored at the 2017 Advance CTE Spring Meeting at a luncheon where 30 administrators, educators and students traveled across the country to be recognized.
Find profiles of each winner here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-excellence-in-action-award-recognizes-11-outstanding-career-technical-education-programs-of-study-300450546.html
SOURCE Advance CTE