SEATTLE, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National League of Cities' (NLC) annual Congress of Cities and Exposition begins its third day Friday at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Wash. Local mayors, city officials and other leaders are participating in the four-day conference designed to provide an opportunity to develop skills through workshops, leadership training and engagement opportunities.
Attendees to the Congress of Cities and Exposition include America's mayors, city officials and other local leaders. They will be available for media interviews covering a range of topics from good government and city fiscal health to recent mayoral elections.
Friday, Nov. 15 Event Highlights (Saturday Events Below):
- Resilient Communities for America Leadership Roundtable Breakfast featuring Mayor Chris Coleman of Saint Paul, Minn. and Molly Ward, special assistant to President Barack Obama
- Youth Delegate Forum
- Railroad Issues Roundtable
- Extreme Weather Events and Adaptive Infrastructure
- Making Your City More Business Friendly
- Shifting Expectations for Neighborhoods in Transition
- Successfully Reintegrating Veterans to Meet Community Needs
- Using Technology to bolster Economic Development
- Fiscal Realities, Innovative Solutions
- Aging and a Shared Community Vision
- Mobile Vending: Emerging Industry Outdated Regulations
- Ready to Work
- Strategically Investing in Green Infrastructure Projects to get the "Most Green for Your Greenbacks"
- Supporting Startups and Entrepreneurs
- General Session – Driving Change: A Bold New Approach
- Economic Development Financing Tools
- Strengthening Our Communities, Promoting Public Safety: A Film and Discussion Session
- Unconference Sessions
Saturday, Nov. 16 Event Highlights:
Closing General Session Featured Speakers
- Mayor-elect Ed Murray, Seattle, Wash.
- Mayor Ralph Becker, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Mayor Nancy Chaney, Moscow, Idaho
- Mayor Nancy Chaney, Denver, Col.
- Mayor Dwight Jones, Richmond, Va.
SOURCE National League of Cities