STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich., Nov. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To celebrate the generous, community-minded spirit of rural communities and honor those who work to ensure their health, the 5th annual National Rural Health Day will take place on Thursday, November 19th, 2015.
This year, the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health will be joined by Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell during a full day of live events, broadcast via web, with the support and participation from public, private and non-profit stakeholders in rural health, including but not limited to:
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, Office of Rural Health
- The Rural Assistance Center, soon to be The Rural Health Information Hub
- The National Rural Health Association
- The National Cooperative of Health Networks
- The National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network
- The AgriSafe Network
Open to the public, the events will showcase the innovation and collaboration among these partners to bring quality, accessible care to residents and visitors in rural areas.
SOURCE National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health