National Safety Council announces 2012 NSC Rising Stars of Safety
ITASCA, Ill., Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Safety Council has announced 44 honorees as its NSC Rising Stars of Safety, Class of 2012, presented by DuPont Sustainable Solutions. This program recognizes these leaders of tomorrow for their commitment to safety, influence on safety culture, promotion of continuous workplace safety improvement and creation of safety initiatives producing measurable outcomes – foundational pillars of the Council's Journey to Safety Excellence philosophy.
"The NSC Rising Stars of Safety program serves to recognize the outstanding contributions of young safety professionals," said James Weigand , president, DuPont Sustainable Solutions. "DuPont congratulates each of this year's honorees and supports nurturing this young talent so their efforts can continue to make a difference and save lives."
Honorees will be acknowledged at the 2012 NSC Congress & Expo – the largest annual gathering of safety professionals – in Orlando on Oct. 20-25. This year's event, the Celebration of the Century, symbolizes 100 years of safety collaboration, lessons learned and progress of safety across the nation. The work of these young leaders represents the kinds of accomplishments that are crucial to the next 100 years of safety.
"As the National Safety Council looks toward the next century of safety, we believe it is critical to involve the up-and-coming safety leaders as we plan for the future," said National Safety Council President and CEO Janet Froetscher . "Each class of NSC Rising Stars Class brings forth invaluable insight and perspectives which will no doubt make an impact on the advancement of safety."
Chosen among more than 160 nominations, the 44 honorees for the Class of 2012 are listed below and will be featured in October issue of Safety+Health magazine:
- Abdulrahim AlMaraghi: Fire & Safety Superintendent, GPIC (Manam, Bahrin – Bahrain)
- Marycarmen Aparicio : NAM Safety Coordinator – PA, ABB, Inc. (San Luis, Potosi – Mexico)
- Andrea Ball: Safety Officer, City of Daytona Beach (Saint Cloud, FL)
- Michael Bearak : Safety Programs Manager, MSC Waterworks (Concord, NC)
- Anthony Blodgett : Ground Safety Manager, 52 Fighter Wing Safety Office (APO, AE – APO/FPO)
- Kristine Brobst : SH&E Manager, AECOM (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Robert Casper : Safety Specialist, United States Marine Corps ( Parris Island, SC )
- Guillermo Castillo : Corporate Safety Project Manager, Cummins Inc. (Columbus, IN)
- Craig Chunchick : Sr. Manager, Safety, Health, & Environmental, Kelly Services, Inc. (Troy, Michigan)
- Thomas Colla : EHS Manager - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Xylem Inc., Residential and Commercial Water (Altavilla, Vicentina – Italy)
- Jose Rafael Concepcion : Manager, Occupational Safety, Volvo Construction Equipment
- Denise Coppinger : Occupational Health and Safety Specialist, Boeing Philadelphia Environment, Health, & Safety (Province Park, PA)
- Kifri Edwards: Manager, Environmental Health and Safety, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Washington D.C.)
- Stephen Falter : Compliance Safety and Health Officer, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Concord, NH)
- John Farris : Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist, Pfizer Inc., Global Logistics and Supply (Memphis, TN)
- Marisol Flores : Behavioral Safety & Industrial Hygienist Tech, DM Petroleum Operations Company (New Orleans, LA)
- Chad Franciscus : HSE Manager, Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc. (Jacksonville, FL)
- Michael Garza : EHS Administrator, Toyota Logistics Services, Inc. (San Antonio, TX)
- Robert Glessner : Technical Consultant, Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mohnton, PA)
- Charles Griswold (CG): Contracts Advisor, ExxonMobil, Global Services Company (Houston, TX)
- Jesse Hardy : Director of HSE Compliance, Supreme Industries (Harwinton, CT)
- Thomas Heebner : AVP/ Risk Consultant, HUB International Limited (Chicago, IL)
- Melanie Hemmer : Safety Director, Divane Bros. Electric Co. (Franklin Park, IL)
- Toby Henry : Shop Lead, Sharp Memorial Hospital/Sodexo (San Diego, CA)
- Haider Iqbal : Process Safety Engineer, Engro Fertilizers Limited (Daharki, Sindh – Pakistan)
- Jacob Johanson : Global Director, Health Safety & Environmental, Thermon Group Holdings, Inc.
(San Marcos, TX)
- Michael Karr : Regional EH&S Manager, The Shaw Group (Prairieville, LA)
- James Kelley : Safety Manager, American Refining Group, Inc. (Bradford, PA)
- Phillip Lacy : Safety Engineer/Specialist, B&W Technical Services Pantex LLC (Amarillo, TX)
- Ning Li : Traffic Control Devices Application Manager, Virginia Department of Transportation
(Glen Allen, VA)
- Aaron Lilach : Senior Safety Manager, RAS Delivery Services, Inc. (Muskego, WI)
- Thomas Loughman : HSE Manager, URS Federal Services (Germantown, MD)
- Ivan Maldonado : EHS Team Leader, Global Health Care, Kimberly-Clark Mexico (Ixtaczoquitlan, Veracruz – Mexico)
- Scott May : Safety Coordinator, Pioneer HI-Bred International (Leroy, IL)
- Robert Neese : EHS Manager Global Field Service and Non-operation, Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI)
- Maria Ortiz-Rios : Global SH&E Program Manager, Nalco Company (Naperville, IL)
- Joe Patterson : EH&S Manager, OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Bethlehem, PA)
- John Pettit : Vice President of Health, Environmental and Safety, VSE Corporation (Alexandria, VA)
- Jessica Rich : Safety Engineer, Federal Highway Administration-TN Division (Nashville, TN)
- Devon Rosenfeld : Associate Research Scientist, Feedstocks & Energy R&D, The Dow Chemical Company (Freeport, TX)
- Tricia Sweat : Safety, Health, & Environmental Coordinator, Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (Renton, WA)
- Graham Walker : Safety Engineer, Office of the Director of Army Safety (Fort Belvoir, VA)
- Cheng ( Jerry) Zheng : Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer, Mine Safety Appliances Company (Suzhou, Jiangsu – China)
- Troy Zimmerman : CSB Americas EHS Leader, Owens Corning (Granville, OH)
About the National Safety Council
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the National Safety Council (nsc.org) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where we can make the most impact -- distracted driving, teen driving, workplace safety and safety beyond the workplace.
SOURCE National Safety Council
More by this Source
NSC and ADEPT Driver partner to offer teenSMART skills training for parents and teens
May 22, 2013, 11:10 ET
National Safety Council Estimates More than 400 Fatal Crashes this Memorial Day Weekend
May 20, 2013, 16:24 ET
Recent analysis indicates cell phone distracted driving crashes vastly under-reported
May 07, 2013, 15:07 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.