National Safety Council Announces 2013 CEOs Who 'Get It'
Leaders recognized for dedication to safety excellence
ITASCA, Ill., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Safety Council has announced the 2013 CEOs Who "Get It," its annual recognition of business leaders who demonstrate world-class safety. Each of these leaders understands that safety is not only the right thing to do, but that creating a culture of safety also is a business imperative.
The Council believes that all organizations are on the Journey to Safety Excellence – a constant quest to drive workplace injuries and deaths to zero. This year's honorees have a firm grasp of the Journey and its four key pillars, which include committed leadership and employee engagement, sound safety processes and procedures, continuous risk reduction, and measuring and improving performance.
"It is an honor for the Council to recognize this year's distinguished group of CEOs Who 'Get It'," said Janet Froetscher, National Safety Council president and CEO. "The strong example these leaders have set in living the Journey and protecting their employees is something we hope all business leaders will follow."
This year's roster of eight individuals represents national and multinational organizations of all sizes from a wide variety of industries. Profiles of the CEOs Who "Get It" are featured in the February 2013 issue of Safety+Health magazine. Recognized this year:
- Teri L. Bristol: Chief Operating Officer, Federal Aviation Administration, Air Traffic Organization, Washington, D.C.
- Richard D. Fox: CEO, CDM Smith, Cambridge, MA
- Anthony J. Orlando: President and CEO, Covanta Energy Corporation, Morristown, NJ
- Richard R. Sarles: General Manager and CEO, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Washington, D.C.
- David T. Seaton: Chairman and CEO, Fluor Corporation, Irving, TX
- Michael L. Sims: General Manager and CEO, Butler Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc., Oxford, OH
- Major General Peter J. Talleri: Commanding General, Marine Corps Installations Pacific/Commander, Marine Corps Base Camp Butler
- Bill Wright: President and CEO, Petrochem Insulation, Inc., Vallejo, CA
About the National Safety Council
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the National Safety Council (nsc.org) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where we can make the most impact -- distracted driving, teen driving, workplace safety and safety beyond the workplace.
SOURCE National Safety Council
More by this Source
NSC Estimates 436 Deaths from Traffic Crashes for 2013 Thanksgiving Day Holiday Period
Nov 19, 2013, 16:22 ET
National Safety Council Accepting Submissions for 2014 Robert W. Campbell Award
Oct 28, 2013, 11:23 ET
Top 10 things many parents don't know about teen driving
Oct 17, 2013, 14:29 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.