NEW YORK, Jan. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- National Standard Abstract (NSA), a full-service title-insurance firm established in March 2015, has been certified as a Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) by the New York City Department of Small Business Services. In New York's title-insurance industry, NSA is one of the very few MBE-firms. NSA is in the process of obtaining State certification.
"Having certification from the City will be a tremendous tool for growing our small business that is less than a year old," said Osei Rubie, founder and president of National Standard Abstract. "The de Blasio Administration's commitment of greater inclusion of minority and women-owned businesses will lead to more exposure and opportunities for National Standard Abstract with the public and private sectors."
MBE certification marks the latest milestone for NSA since launching 10 months ago. To date, NSA has closed $124 million primarily in affordable housing and commercial real estate sectors. Furthermore, the firm has approximately $345 million of deals in the pipeline through 2016.
The $124 million of deals closed include:
- $43 million 33-building, affordable-housing development in Brooklyn
- $24 million new construction, affordable-housing development in Brooklyn
- $7 million refinance of senior-housing building in Harlem
- $6 million refinance by an affordable-housing developer in Brooklyn
- $1 million refinance by an affordable-housing developer in the Bronx
- $1 million refinance of a residential building in Harlem
- $2.4 million refinance by an affordable-housing developer in Harlem
- $39.6 million in residential transactions in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Established in March 2015, National Standard Abstract's dynamic team of title-insurance experts have more than 100 years of combined experience in intricate real estate deals positioning NSA with unique skills to provide tailored service to handle any client's needs. A minority-owned business, NSA's staff has worked with the most active real estate developers in New York and the region and possess extensive knowledge of complex transactions including mixed use, office, market-rate and affordable housing, amusement parks and hospitals. NSA is a member of the New York State Association for Affordable Housing and the Supportive Housing Network of New York.
To learn more about National Standard Abstract, they will be hosting a networking event with the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation on Wednesday, January 27th in Jamaica, Queens. Details at www.NationalStandardAbs.com.
SOURCE National Standard Abstract