National Technical Systems to Host Telecom, Commercial Networking Workshops Juniper Networks Is a Co-Sponsor; First Workshop at NTS Plano Sept. 5
CALABASAS, Calif. and PLANO, Texas, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National Technical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTSC) (NTS), a leading provider of testing and engineering services, today announced it will host a series of telecom and commercial networking workshops in the coming weeks at three of its primary facilities. The all-day workshops are co-sponsored by Juniper Networks.
The first workshop will be held at the NTS Plano facility on Sept. 5. Other workshops will be held at the NTS facility in Boxborough, MA on Oct. 10 and at NTS Silicon Valley on Nov. 7. The workshops will focus on new regulatory challenges facing the telecom and commercial networking industry and will include service provider presentations and roundtable discussions with representatives from Verizon and AT&T (at the Silicon Valley event).
Networking manufacturers that require NEBS (Network Equipment Building Standards) or are subject to carrier requirements found in central/telecom office, cell towers, huts or placed in customer premise locations are urged to attend. Also encouraged to attend are manufacturers that make commercial networking products defined as any/all commercial grade products that support communication networking with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) in data centers or central offices not subject to NEBS.
"This will be an opportunity to hear firsthand the expectations and directions the service providers are taking with regard to equipment purchase, design and test expectations as well as ask specific questions and meet the service provider representatives in person," said NTS President and CEO William C. McGinnis. "NTS is continuing to grow its business in the telecommunications and networking markets. We look forward to sharing our expertise and hosting these valuable events with our business partners, current and future customers and other interested parties."
The agendas will include workshops covering technical overviews of:
- Recently published Telcordia standard GR-3160 focused on Generic Requirements for Telecommunications Data Center Equipment and Spaces. The overview will cover the type of requirements data center equipment will start to face as the industry adopts the GR-3160 and similar requirements.
- Changes on the recently published GR-3108 Issue 3 focused on the Generic Requirements for Network Equipment in the Outside Plant. This will cover the details of the new issue now adopted by both Verizon and AT&T.
- A comparison of the GR-1089 Issue 6 and EN 300 386 Telco Centre EMC standards with an emphasis on intended and proper EUT performance and monitoring during susceptibility testing. Learn how to capture test efficiencies saving time and money in the lab.
- The new GR-63 Issue 4 and comparison of the EU-accepted ETSI 300 019 Environmental and Reliability telecom manufacturers face on a daily basis. Learn how to capture test efficiencies saving time and money in the lab and how best to prepare an EUT for testing prior to lab execution.
- A comparison of the Verizon and AT&T Energy Efficiency Requirements. Energy efficiency is the hottest topic with the service providers to date. Learn how to prepare for testing and determine adequate traffic generation to meet the carriers' test expectations.
- Preparation and strategy framework to tackle international market access. International approvals are daunting. Learn how to prepare and develop a strategy for international access while picking up some baseline requirements for major markets around the world.
Lunch will be provided for all attendees. Those who register a week prior to the event will receive a complete schedule of the workshops prior to the event date.
For more information on any of the workshops, or to inquire about a private/customized event for an individual organization, contact NTS at (800) 270-2516 and ask for Dean Eriksen, NTS-Telecom Market Director, or visit www.nts.com.
About National Technical Systems (NTS)
National Technical Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of engineering services to the aerospace, defense, telecommunications, automotive and high technology markets. Through a world-wide network of resources, NTS provides full product life-cycle support, offering world class design engineering, compliance, testing, certification, quality registration and program management. For additional information about NTS, visit the Company's website at www.nts.com or call 800-270-2516.
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance, are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with uncertainties pertaining to customer orders, demand for services and products, development of markets for the companies' services and products and other risks identified in the companies' SEC filings. Actual results, events and performance may differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The companies undertake no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding National Technical Systems' business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.
SOURCE National Technical Systems, Inc.