Nation's Top 25 Employee Resource Groups and Diversity Councils to be Honored at 2013 Diversity Council Conference in Washington D.C.
SANFORD, Fla., July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Association of Diversity Councils, a practice group of PRISM International, Inc., released their annual list of the Top 25 U.S. Employee Resource Groups and Diversity Councils.
"This is the fifth year the association will award its prestigious Diversity Council Honors Award™," said Philip Berry, Executive Director of the Association of Diversity Councils. "This award honors the outstanding contributions and achievements of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Diversity Councils that lead diversity and inclusion processes in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace."
These award recipients will be recognized and honored at a dinner and award ceremony during the 2013 Diversity Council Conference: Increasing Effectiveness and Driving Results! October 2nd & 3rd at the Hilton Mark Center Hotel in Alexandria, Virginia.
PRISM International, Inc. is the parent organization of the Association of Diversity Councils, and host of the 2013 Diversity Council Conference. Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM stated: "ERGs and Diversity Councils are organizational business assets that contribute to workforce and marketplace growth. They also help the organization live out its values of respect and inclusion."
ERGs and Diversity Councils with two or more years of operation were invited to complete the free application between February and June of this year. Their evaluation is based on their contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Council Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education.
The 2013 Top 25 Diversity Council Honors Award™ recipients include a diverse combination of U.S. corporations, governmental agencies and the military. The recipients represent all sectors, geographies and organizational sizes. Mr. Berry continued: "This year's Top 25 recipient list includes 13 first-time applicants. We are also pleased to report that nine of the twelve returning recipients improved in the rankings."
The Top 25 rankings will be revealed at the October award ceremony. Here is the list in alphabetical order:
- Ameren Corporation - Ameren Corporate Diversity Council
- American Airlines - Diversity Advisory Council
- AT&T (LEAGUE) - National Board of Directors
- Baystate Health - Baystate Health Diversity Council
- Bellagio Las Vegas (A property of MGM Resorts International) - Bellagio Cultural Board (BCB)
- Comcast Corporation - Comcast and NBCUniversal Diversity Councils
- Cox Media Group - Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group
- FedEx Freight, Inc. - FedEx Freight Diversity Council
- FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) - Diversity Leadership Council
- General Motors - General Motors Employee Resource Group Council
- Humility of Mary Health Partners - Multicultural Competence & Inclusion Council
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center - Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Diversity Council
- National Guard Bureau (NGB) - National Guard Joint Diversity Executive Council (JDEC)
- Navy Office of Diversity and Inclusion - Strategic Diversity Working Group
- Phillips 66 - Culture, Change, and Diversity Team
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. - PNC Marketing Diversity and Inclusion Council
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. - PNC Technology Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Prudential Financial, Inc. - Law, Compliance, Business Ethics and External Affairs Diversity Council
- RBC Wealth Management - U.S. - Diversity Leadership Council
- Siemens Energy, Inc. - Inclusion & Diversity Council
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.- H USA Diversity & Inclusion Council
- State Street Corporation - State Street Global PRIDE
- The Boeing Company - Global Services & Support (GS&S) Diversity Council
- The Boeing Company - Structures Engineering Diversity Council
- TriHealth - TriHealth Diversity Advisory Councils
In addition to the Top 25, the University of Akron Diversity Council and the City of Virginia Beach Inclusion and Diversity Council will receive a special recognition award for demonstrated leadership within their sectors.
Ms. Stokes said: "It's critical for ERGs and Diversity Councils to review their initiatives and strategies to determine how they can be more effective and impactful in delivering results. They need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge…that's the purpose behind the two-day 2013 Diversity Council Conference set for October 2nd in Washington D.C."
Mr. Berry added: "This conference is for all ERG and Diversity Council leaders and their members. There's a need to think differently, innovate and drive results which make a substantive difference in the organization. This conference provides expanded and extended opportunities to learn and share best practices, network, celebrate and grow."
For more information about the Diversity Council Conference or the Diversity Council Honors Award™, visit www.DiversityCouncilConference.com.
The Association of Diversity Councils is a practice group of PRISM International, Inc. and the premier resource for increasing the impact, effectiveness and recognition of ERGs and Diversity Councils as an essential partner in developing, implementing and maintaining a strategic diversity focus within organizations. The Association is the originator of the Diversity Council Honors Award™ and the Diversity Council Conference. For additional information, visit www.DiversityCouncil.com.
PRISM International, Inc., is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative, proven diversity and inclusion, talent management and cross-cultural consulting services, training programs and resources. For more information, visit www.PrismDiversity.com.
SOURCE PRISM International, Inc.