LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Tonight at Pepcom Digital Experience!, the country's largest consumer electronics media event, Native Union will launch the MM03i - a Bluetooth-enabled handset now with an integrated charging and sync cradle dedicated to the iPhone. Designed by award-winning designer David Turpin, the MM03i is a stylish and sophisticated handset, specifically manufactured with the iPhone user in mind and is the second iteration of the MM03 device.
Available as a set including handset and weighted base unit with iPhone charge and sync functionality, the MM03i is finished either in white gloss or black high gloss to match the iPhone. Fitted with the advanced Bluetooth 2.1 chip, this handset has a dual pairing function that will automatically pair with both the computer and the mobile phone, making Skype calls and cell phone calls possible with the same handset. The MM03i also delivers a compelling health benefit to consumers when used as a telephone handset by dramatically reducing exposure to the radiation emitted by mobile devices, which is linked to an increased risk of cancer. Medical research indicates that heavy, direct-to-ear mobile phone usage can potentially cause health damage and Native Union has addressed these concerns by reducing radiation exposure through the use of its speakers and handsets.
"The MM03i fills a void in the iPhone accessories market that allows both charging and cordless phone and VoIP calls all at once," says John Brunner, managing director of Native Union. "We feel that this will help users not only enhance their home or office in terms of design, but also in overall cell phone productivity. Users will feel an enhanced level of comfort when talking and be reassured knowing they are reducing their exposure to potentially harmful mobile device emissions."
The Native Union MM03i is available at www.nativeunion.com for $149.99. Key features and benefits of the handset include:
- Using a MM03i reduces up to 97 percent of the radiation absorbed compared to direct use of your mobile phone
- Talk-time 6h/ Standby time 120h
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR Multi-point technology– allowing simultaneous Bluetooth connections to two devices (i.e. cell phone and wireless computer)
- Dedicated iPhone charge and sync cradle with 3.5mm audio out to plug a speaker system
- Call answering by direct pick-up of handset from base
- Pick-up/hang-up buttons and volume buttons
- Noise reduction system
- Connection status visual indicator
- Patented design
- Expands the talking areas at home by allowing you to place your cell phone at the location where you have the strongest signal while using the MM03i as a cordless handset
- Compatible with all iPhones, and can pair with most other cell phones and laptops via Bluetooth chip
In addition to participating in the Digital Experience! media event, Native Union will be demoing the MM03i along with the full line of Moshi Moshi handsets at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Visit the Native Union booth in the iLounge Pavilion at booth number 5635 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center or visit www.nativeunion.com for more information about the company and its products.
About Native Union
Native Union and its line of Moshi Moshi mobile device handsets are the inspiration of product designers and international entrepreneurs with a simple goal – to create simple, robust and chic products that are functional both at home and in the office. The Native Union team, who rely constantly on their mobile phones for frequent travel, is driven to develop beautiful products that enhance the art of conversation and reinvent how users interact with their mobile devices. The company is based in Hong Kong and its products are sold internationally. Visit www.nativeunion.com for information and images.
SOURCE Native Union