LONDON, May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Defence IQ have announced the final speaker line-up for the 15th Annual Information Operations Summit: Countering Violent Extremism, the only event addressing communication challenges faced by both the armed forces and domestic agencies when countering violent extremism.
Next month's summit panel will feature insights and case studies from:
- Gregory Radabaugh, Director, Joint Information Operations Warfare Centre, Directorate of Operations (J3), US Joint Staff
- Colonel John Harris, Deputy Chief of Staff, NATO, Joint Fires and Influence
- Colonel Rolf Watts, J-39 Chief of Current Ops, US African Command
- Dan Chugg, Head of the Counter Daesh Coalition Communication Cell, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Haroon Ullah, Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, State Department
- Colonel Mike Lwin, Director, Military Information Support Operations, Office of the DASD for Special Operations and Combating Terrorism
- Jonathan Russell, Head of Policy, Quilliam Foundation
Russia's shift from pariah to player in the face of an upsurge in violent extremism from Daesh, brutal attacks in Europe and the United States, and the downing of a Russian plane over Egypt's Sinai Peninsula have all highlighted the need to stop extremism at its source - delivering clear, targeted information to engage audiences and deliver positive action.
The summit will deliver targeted sessions exploring community engagement to prevent the radicalisation of vulnerable individuals, how to improve digital outreach, countering and understanding radical social media influences, target audience analysis and understanding how to leverage our past experiences in the fight against Daesh.
The 15th Annual Information Operations Summit: Countering Violent Extremism will take place 15-17 June 2016 in London, UK. Find the full programme, speaker list and registration information at http://www.informationoperationsevent.com/news, call +44 (0) 207 036 1300 or email email@example.com.
SOURCE Defence IQ