TUCSON, Ariz., Aug. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will open its sixth store in Arizona on Tuesday, Sept. 8. The store, which opens at 8 a.m., is located at 6320 North Oracle Road, in Tucson.
As part the of the Sept. 8 grand opening, Natural Grocers will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and will then distribute mystery gift cards to the first 60 customers in line. Gift cards will be in the amount of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100. Customers won't know the amount of their gift card until they check out. The store will offer a tasting of healthy and delicious food from its Paleo Wraps class.
Grand Opening Celebration
The opening of the Tucson store begins with a live musical performance by Mariachi Alegre from 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., followed by a series of free, grand opening celebrations, including food tastings, cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes with nutrition experts. All activities will take place from noon to 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, Sept. 12: Endless Summer Healthy Living Fair
- Saturday, Sept. 12: Live musical performance by Jovert (noon – 2 p.m.)
- Saturday, Sept. 19: Active Lifestyle Health Fair
- Saturday, Sept. 26: Taste the Difference Food Standards Make: A Nature-Inspired Tasting Fair
- Saturday, Oct. 3: Paleo fair: Primal Eating for Optimal Health
Natural Grocers will provide the Tucson community with fresh produce that is exclusively USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, affordable, organic and natural products. The store will feature a mix of national brands and locally-grown, raised and manufactured products from Arizona in a small, neighborhood market environment. The Tucson store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. Natural Grocers Tucson will be open 7 days-a-week.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- EDAP – Every Day Affordable Price®
- Locally sourced products as well as national brands
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict Meat Standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – Dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Bag-free checkouts and commitment to sustainability
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health.
As consumers increasingly seek out healthy, affordable shopping choices, Natural Grocers continues to expand its geographic footprint. The Tucson location is one of 17 Natural Grocers stores expected to open in fiscal year 2015.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC) (NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Natural Grocers has over 2,000 employees and operates 100 stores in 17 states. Founded in Colorado in 1955, the company is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2015.
SOURCE Natural Grocers