TUCSON, Ariz., Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will open its third store in Tucson, Ariz., on Tuesday, March 22. The store, which opens at 8 a.m., is located at 3016 E. Broadway Blvd. This will be Natural Grocers' seventh location in Arizona.
As part the of the March 22 grand opening, Natural Grocers will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and will then distribute mystery gift cards to the first 50 customers in line. Gift cards will be in the amount of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100. Customers won't know the amount of their gift card until they check out. The store will also offer a tasting of healthy and delicious food from its Paleo Wraps class.
Grand Opening Celebration
The opening of the Tucson store begins with a live performance by Mariachi Alegre from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. This will be followed by a series of free, grand opening celebrations, including food tastings, cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes with nutrition experts. All activities will take place from noon to 4 p.m. (unless noted otherwise) on the following dates:
- Saturday, March 26: Local Fair
- Saturday, April 2: Paleo Fair
- Saturday, April 9: Taste the Natural Grocers Difference
- Saturday, April 16: Spring Into Health
Natural Grocers will continue to provide the Tucson community with fresh produce that is exclusively USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, affordable, organic and natural products. The store will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products from Arizona in a small, neighborhood market environment. The Tucson store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. Natural Grocers Tucson will be open 7 days a week.
*Click here for store b-roll footage.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- EDAP – Every Day Affordable Price®
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict Meat Standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – Dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Bag-free checkouts and commitment to sustainability
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health. The company operates 109 stores in 19 states.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has over 2,700 employees and operates more than 100 stores in 19 states.
SOURCE Natural Grocers