Navistar Begins Production Of International TranStar With 13-Liter SCR Engine
Company completes SCR transition of its fifth heavy-duty International truck model
LISLE, Ill., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar, Inc. today announced the launch of its International® TranStar® regional haul tractor with MaxxForce® 13 engine with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emissions technology. The TranStar is the fifth heavy-duty International® truck model to transition to SCR technology since December 2012.
"We continue to rapidly increase our 15-liter and 13-liter product coverage and we remain on track to complete the SCR transition of our heavy-duty truck offerings," said Bill Kozek, president North America Truck and Parts, Navistar. "The trucks we are building today are the highest quality trucks Navistar has ever built and they offer improved fuel economy with the same off-the-line responsiveness."
Today, the company's portfolio of SCR-based heavy-duty trucks includes the International ProStar®, International PayStar® 5900 Set-Back Axle and International 9900i with the Cummins ISX15 engine. In addition, the International ProStar, International WorkStar® and the International TranStar are available with the MaxxForce 13 engine with SCR.
International TranStar® Features
The TranStar features a setback axle and a 50-degree wheel cut to give drivers one of the tightest turning radius' in its class. With the shortest bumper-to-back-of-cab (BBC) length in the industry of 107 inches and an available electronic stability control solution, the TranStar is a highly maneuverable, regional transport solution.
Other features include:
- Wheelbase options from 140-295"
- Available 4x2 and 6x4 axle configurations
- Available MaxxForce 13 SCR engine with 370 hp and 1,350 lb.-ft torque up to 410 hp and 1,900 lb.-ft torque
- Available Cummins Westport ISL G natural gas engine with 320 hp and 1,000 lb.-ft. torque
- 72" of cab headroom and 82" of interior width for enhanced driver comfort
- Extended cab option with available bunk for storage and rest
- Wrap-around windshield, sloping hood and available fender mirrors for excellent visibility
- Patented "pod" roof fairing, available side extenders and smooth curved bumper for increased aerodynamics
- Dual air brake system with anti-lock ABS brakes and optional roll stability system and traction control for secure ride and handling
- Diamond Logic® electrical system for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
SOURCE Navistar International Corporation
More by this Source
Navistar Reports First Quarter Results
Mar 05, 2014, 07:06 ET
Navistar To Consolidate Engine Manufacturing To Improve Utilization, Drive Cost Improvements
Feb 20, 2014, 17:10 ET
IC Bus Begins Customer Deliveries Of CE Series School Buses With Cummins ISB Engines
Jan 27, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.