GLENVIEW, Ill., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Navman Wireless USA today announced that the latest version of its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking system has been recognized as one of Construction Equipment's Top 100 New Products of 2012. The listing in the publication's December 2012 issue marks the second time that Navman Wireless has earned the honor, with its construction-grade Qtanium 300 GPS tracking device making the list in 2010.
Navman Wireless' OnlineAVL2 platform is the only construction telematics solution that provides location, operations and performance data for both on-highway vehicles and construction heavy equipment from a single interface. In conjunction with the Qtanium 300, it is also the only solution that supports up to 100 geofences simultaneously, eliminating the need to reassign the geofence manually for security and data collection purposes when a machine moves to a different job site. It supports all machine makes, models and years.
New construction-specific reports added to the OnlineAVL2 construction equipment management software in 2012 to help construction equipment managers include:
- A Trip Report by Asset showing trips, from ignition on to ignition off, that each machine makes in a given time period.
- A Zero Event Activity report showing which vehicles or assets have not reported a specific event such as equipment movement, snow plow engagement or lift gate operation within the designated reporting period. This data can help pinpoint vehicle or equipment malfunctions, driver or operator downtime, and other problems.
- A Trip Cycle report for rock quarry operations, making it possible to track the time that elapses between loading rock, delivering it to the crusher and returning for another load in order to reduce cycle times and optimize equipment use.
Construction reports that were enhanced in 2012 include:
- A Work versus Idle report that now identifies real "working times."
- An Equipment Utilization report that shows usage (ignition on time) broken out by day along with the current engine hours and last update.
- A Jobsite Utilization report that tracks equipment usage broken down within each geofenced jobsite, facilitating job costing.
- A ConEx (Sensor) Use report that shows users how long the sensor was engaged and the distance traveled while engaged.
"As we work with our construction customers, we identify tools that will help better manage both on- and off-road vehicles," said Renaat Ver Eecke, Vice President and General Manager, Navman Wireless North America. "This recognition reflects the power of the platform, the continual upgrades we make to meet our customers' needs, and the competitive advantages that equip construction fleet managers with information they need to improve and optimize operations."
More information is available by visiting www.navmanwireless.com, emailing ProductSpecialist@navmanwireless.com, or calling 877-891-5009 in the U.S. International contact information is at http://www.navmanwireless.com/about-us/contact-us.
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless is a global leader in GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and analytics delivered under the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model that enable companies to track, monitor and communicate with their movable and fixed equipment assets. The company's technology currently monitors more than 160,000 vehicles owned by over 14,000 organizations worldwide, making Navman Wireless one of the world's largest fleet management providers with coverage on five continents. Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia. For more information, visit www.navmanwireless.com.
SOURCE Navman Wireless