BALTIMORE, Aug. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency, today released the results of a survey it conducted to uncover if Pokemon-themed products or discounts have been attracting potential customers. The survey found that nearly 60 percent of smartphone users who have downloaded Pokemon Go were likely to enter a business offering Pokemon-branded discounts to players, 38 percent were likely to purchase a Pokemon-themed product offering, and 60 percent viewed businesses hosting Pokemon promotions favorably.
Restaurants and bars topped the list of the types of businesses those surveyed noted as offering Pokemon-themed products or discounts, while Facebook (72%) and store signage (52%) were the mediums where the majority of players saw Pokemon-related promotions.
Other notable stats included:
- Overall, 94 percent of smartphone users surveyed were aware of Pokemon Go;
- Of those aware, more than 50 percent have seen Pokemon Go promotions, a number that increases to 66 percent when looking at respondents who have downloaded Pokemon Go
- After restaurants and bars (71%), retail stores (44%) and entertainment venues/attractions (42%) were the types of businesses where respondents were most likely to have seen promotions;
- Of the respondents who downloaded the game, 56 percent were between the ages of 18-29;
- Female respondents are slightly more likely to have seen Pokemon Go promotions, and slightly more likely to purchase a Pokemon-themed product.
"With estimated daily users of Pokemon Go still teetering around 20 million, this survey shows there's still a great opportunity for business owners to tap into this unique and active audience to not only drive foot traffic into their venues, but get them to potentially purchase a product," commented Ryan Goff, Senior Vice President and Social Media Marketing Director at MGH. "The best part of Pokemon Go is that it's getting people of all ages out and about; businesses just have to find a way to lure customers in."
About the Survey
In July 2016, MGH conducted an online survey of 1,000 U.S. smartphone users ages 18-55. Responses were collected using Survey Monkey Audience. The margin of error is +/- 3.1 percent at the 95 percent confidence level. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding. Full survey results.
Based in Baltimore, MGH is an integrated marketing and communications agency offering advertising, public relations, media planning/buying, creative design and production, interactive (design, strategy, development and marketing), market research, direct response, relationship marketing and social media marketing.
MGH maintains a diverse client base spanning multiple industries. Current clients include MASN, McCormick/OLD BAY, M&T Bank, Bray & Scarff, California Tortilla, Ocean City, Md., Department of Tourism, Nobel Learning Communities, Inc., Great American Cookies, Hot Dog on a Stick, Marble Slab Creamery, Pretzelmaker, Miss Utility and University of Maryland Medical System.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nearly-60-percent-of-pokemon-go-players-surveyed-likely-to-enter-businesses-offering-pokemon-branded-discounts-300312899.html