PHILADELPHIA, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Neat®, a leader in Smart Organization Systems for the small business and consumer markets, today announced a partnership with OneNote, Microsoft's industry-leading note-taking application. Neat will integrate OneNote into NeatConnect allowing users to scan documents directly to OneNote without the need for a computer. The partnership will significantly enhance Neat's direct-to-cloud capabilities and enable OneNote to further its leadership position by providing customers a seamless method to transform paper into digital documents. NeatConnect debuted in October as the first wireless scanner to include direct scan-to-cloud functionality featuring an integrated touchscreen interface.
This collaboration represents Neat and OneNote's commitment to provide their customers with solutions that make it easy to access and share their paper and digital documents and manage their important information in the cloud. The scan-to-cloud technology offered through NeatConnect provides users with a simple way to connect to OneNote, all without being tethered to a computer or requiring an intermediate device or software application.
"This is a world where information you care about is expected to be as close as your fingertips and just as easy to instantly share," said James Lau, principal program manager for OneNote. "Our partnership with Neat further enhances OneNote's ability to deliver all your notes and documents—in one place and with you, anywhere."
"Neat's ability to transform paper documents into useable digital information makes it the perfect complement for the OneNote user," said Evan Kramer, chief marketing officer of Neat. "Digitally organizing your important information regardless of its original format, simplifies and speeds everyday tasks giving users time for more important matters."
- Intuitive touchscreen - makes it easy to select cloud or email destinations and quickly turn paper into digital information
- Multiple user settings - accommodates the needs of small businesses and families
- Integrated Wi-Fi antenna - allows users to situate NeatConnect in a place that best serves their workflow and lifestyle – a common area in the office or at home in a place where paper and mail tends to pile up
- Scan to NeatCloud and email - scan directly to NeatCloud and also send documents via email directly from the device
- Scan to Cloud Storage Services - with easy set-up, scan directly to leading cloud services, such as OneNote
- Additional Scan locations – scan wirelessly to FTP, direct to SD Card, and direct to desktop computers via USB with included software
- Capture anything - Write, type, record, snap, clip web and OneNote saves it to the cloud for you to organize
- Organization in digital binder – Notebooks are familiar with customizable sections and pages
- Powerful Search - Find your notes in any form (text, ink, audio) across notebooks
- Inking – Draw, erase and edit seamlessly, whether using your finger, stylus or mouse. Sign documents from NeatConnect!
- Simplified Sharing – When your notebook is stored on OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, you can choose to share it with friends or colleagues
- Free apps – Download at OneNote.com on all your devices - PC, Windows Phone, Mac OS, iOS, and Android devices
- OneNote API - Integrates with devices and services you already use from Office Lens to 3rd party partners (like NeatConnect)
To experience NeatConnect first-hand, please view this short overview video that details the available features and functions.
About Smart Organization Systems
A Smart Organization System is a desktop, cloud and mobile system where important documents and information can be safely stored, organized, accessed and shared. The information can originate from analog (paper) or digital formats (PDF, JPEG, etc.) and be placed in the Smart Organization System by scanning, emailing, mobile device image capture or uploading.
Neat® is the leading developer of Smart Organization Systems for the small business and home markets. Neat's unique combination of cloud, mobile, desktop software, and hardware scanning solutions transform important documents into usable digital information. Neat's comprehensive Smart Organization System helps you organize, access, and share both paper and digital documents simplifying everyday tasks so you have more time to do what matters. Neat's solutions consist of NeatConnect®, NeatDesk®, NeatReceipts®, NeatCloud®, NeatVerify® and NeatScan®. Learn more at www.neat.com.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. OneNote is Microsoft's information gathering program allowing users to capture, record, organize, search and reuse information collected and kept all in one place. Learn more and download OneNote on all your devices at OneNote.com.