The award-winning cards span a range of categories that represent the various spending habits of American consumers.
NerdWallet's Top 10 Credit Card Award Winners for 2017 are:
- Best Flat-Rate Travel Rewards - Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Best Bonus Travel Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Best for Flat-Rate Cash Back - Citi®Double Cash Card
- Best Bonus Category Cash Back - Chase Freedom®
- Best for Everyday Spending - Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Best for Balance Transfers - Chase Slate®
- Longest 0% APR Period - Citi Simplicity® Card
- Best for Fair Credit - Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Best for Small Business - Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
- Best for College Students - Discover it® for Students
While the cards selected represent the best offerings in their respective categories, NerdWallet knows that each consumer has a unique financial situation. Consumers can easily identify the best credit card option for their specific needs by using NerdWallet's free credit card comparison tool. Detailed NerdWallet reviews of each card can be found online.
NerdWallet's credit cards team selects cards in each category based on overall consumer value. Factors in our evaluation include fees, promotional and ongoing APRs, and sign-up bonuses; for rewards cards, we consider earning and redemption rates, redemption options and redemption difficulty. A card is eligible to win in multiple categories. Credit card issuers cannot purchase consideration or placement in the awards process.
NerdWallet offers consumers clarity for all of life's financial decisions. Whether it's regarding credit cards, insurance, loans or investing, people lack the clear, unbiased information they need to make the best choice. With NerdWallet, consumers have free access to user-friendly tools and advice that save time and money, and give them the freedom to do more. NerdWallet is based in San Francisco and employs more than 400 Nerds. NerdWallet was ranked 76 on the 2016 Technology Fast 500 Award List. For more information, visit nerdwallet.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nerdwallet-announces-the-best-credit-cards-for-2017-300387200.html