Nestle in the U.S. Reaffirms Commitment to Responsible Water Management During World Water Week
NEW YORK, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- With the 20th Annual World Water Week underway, Nestle in the United States is reaffirming its commitment to responsible water management business practices.
"Water availability - both quantity and quality - touches our business in a number of ways," said Heidi Paul, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Nestle Waters North America. "As part of recognition of World Water Week, Nestle in the United States is reinforcing our commitment to improving the quality of our water management processes - both in our operations and in the communities where we do business."
Nestle is participating in World Water Week in a number of ways including:
- During World Water Week, Nestle S.A. will join hundreds of water experts, practitioners, decision makers and leaders from around the world in Stockholm, Sweden to exchange ideas, foster new thinking and develop solutions for responsibly managing the world's clean water supply.
- On September 6th, Nestle participated in the High Level Panel discussion on "Water Quality Challenge - Prevention, Wise Use and Abatement" with other global thought leaders
- On September 8th, Nestle will join other members of the 2030 Water Resources Group in a seminar entitled Charting Our Water Future: Pathways and Tools to Reform at which they will share an important report: "Charting Our Water Future: Economic frameworks to inform decision-making.
Some facts about Nestle's global commitment to water management include:
- By working efficiently, Nestle's operations account for less than 0.005 percent of fresh-water use globally.
- Between 2004-2009, Nestle Waters reduced water use by 20% globally.
- Nestle S.A. is a founding member of the CEO Water Mandate, a United Nations Global Impact initiative with a focus on developing strategies and solutions to positively contribute to the emerging global water crisis.
- Over the past five years, Nestle Waters North America reduced water consumption in its factories, using less water than any other packaged beverage to produce its products.
- Nestle Waters North America participates in the Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable and leads their Water Committee in establishing a scientific basis for water- accounting.
- For over 15 years, Nestle Waters North America's sponsorship of Project WET has provided teacher, student and community training workshops on water-resource topics. Active in every state, this water-education program has reached more than 23 million students and 150,000 teachers.
Nestle's business model is based on the principle of Creating Shared Value - the belief that for its business to prosper in the long term, it must create value for our shareholders, customers, consumers and society at large. A sound society depends on natural resources, and a core component of Creating Shared Value is ensuring that the company is environmentally responsible and mindful of water resources.
About Nestle in the United States:
Nestle in the United States consists of five main businesses: Nestle USA, Nestle Waters North America, Nestle Purina PetCare Company, Nestle Nutrition and Nestle Professional. Together, these companies operate in more than 120 locations in 47 states and employ over 44,000 people. It is Nestle S.A.'s largest market with combined product sales in the United States totaling more than $28 billion in 2009.
Committed to becoming the very best Nutrition, Health and Wellness company, Nestle in the United States sells some of the world's best-known brands and products seen every day, and that families have come to enjoy and rely on for years. Key brands include LEAN CUISINE®, NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE®, POWERBAR®, NESTLE® PURE LIFE®, POLAND SPRING®, GERBER®, and PURINA ONE®.
To learn more about Nestle, including its commitment to sustainable water practices and the environment, please visit: CreatingSharedValue.org, NestleNutrition.com, NestleUSA.com, NestleWatersNorthAmerica.com, Purina.com and NestleProfessional.com.
SOURCE Nestle in the United States
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.