Nestle Purina Petcare Company Honored As One Of The Top Ten Best Places To Work In 2014, A Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award
ST. LOUIS, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nestle Purina PetCare Company has been honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, recognizing the 50 Best Places to Work in 2014. Purina ranked 10th on this year's list. The Employees' Choice Awards, now in its sixth year, rely strictly on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies via Glassdoor's anonymous online company review survey.
"Being recognized is a great honor," said W. Patrick McGinnis, CEO, Nestle Purina PetCare Company. "I'm particularly proud of this award because it is based solely on input from the people who know our Company best – our excellent team of associates, who make Nestle Purina such an enjoyable place to work. This is a Company with an outstanding culture and a great environment."
The Glassdoor company review survey includes both quantitative and qualitative questions designed to capture a genuine and authentic inside look at what it's like to work at particular jobs and companies. The survey asks employees to rate their satisfaction with the company overall, and key workplace factors like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, work/life balance, senior management, as well as culture and values. In addition, employees are asked to describe the best reasons to work at their company in conjunction with any downsides.
"Glassdoor is working to create greater workplace transparency and is committed to helping people find jobs they love," said Glassdoor CEO & Co-founder Robert Hohman. "Through the Employees' Choice Awards, we aim to highlight those employers that excel in keeping employees satisfied and engaged."
The 50 Best Places to Work are determined using company reviews shared by U.S. based employees who elected to participate in the survey between November 14, 2012 and November 12, 2013. To be considered for the Best Places to Work list, a company must have at least 1,000 or more employees and have received at least 50 approved company reviews during the window of eligibility. The final list is compiled based on Glassdoor's proprietary algorithm, and takes into account quantity, quality and consistency of reviews. (To request complete methodology, email bestplacestowork@Glassdoor.com.)
Nestle Purina places a strong emphasis on providing a variety of options that work best for associates and their families, including:
- Benefits Package* – Offering a variety of medical, dental and vision benefits for family and domestic partners.
- Pension*– Associates are eligible for a pension depending on years of service.
- Bonus Incentive Program*– Many Nestle Purina associates are eligible for an annual bonus incentive program based on company performance.
- Pet Adoption Program – Nestle Purina provides $200 to any associate who adopts or becomes a pet owner to help with various costs and fees associated with bringing a pet into their home.
- Rewards and Recognition – Associates are recognized for a variety of efforts and achievements, such as anniversary rewards, and performance awards associated with company values.
- Educational Reimbursement Program – Associates who to choose to go back to school can apply for assistance paying for tuition, books and fees.
- Infant Formula Program – Nestle Purina associates with infants up to 12-months-old may receive up to 32 store coupons for any type of Nestle infant formula.
- Adoption Assistance Program – Nestle Purina helps associates with a portion of the cost of adoption.
- Pets in the Workplace – All full-time and part-time Purina headquarter associates are encouraged to bring their pets to work with them daily.
- Onsite Medical Center – Associates at the St. Louis Headquarters have the ability to visit our medical center for minor illnesses and yearly health screenings as part of our HealthWorks preventative programs.
- Child Development Center** – Nestle Purina is proud to house a full-certified center for children from 6-weeks to 6-years-old. This on-campus convenience provides associates with the comfort and ease of providing their children with excellent education and developmental care at such close proximity to work.
The complete list of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2014: http://www.glassdoor.com/Best-Places-to-Work-LST_KQ0,19.htm.
About Nestle Purina
Nestle Purina PetCare Company is a global leader in the pet care industry and promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestle Purina is located at Checkerboard Square in St. Louis, Missouri. Nestle Purina is part of Swiss-based Nestle, the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company.
Glassdoor is the world's most transparent career community that is changing the way people find jobs and companies recruit top talent. Founded in 2007, Glassdoor offers members the latest job listings, as well as access to proprietary user-generated content including company-specific salary reports, ratings and reviews, CEO approval ratings, interview questions and reviews, office photos and more. Members also have the ability to see Inside Connections™ at particular companies via their Facebook network. In addition, thousands of employers are using Glassdoor's Talent Solutions to support their recruiting and employment branding efforts. Glassdoor is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Battery Ventures, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group and Tiger Global. Glassdoor's mobile app is available on iOS and Android platforms. More information about Glassdoor can be found on the Glassdoor Blog, Glassdoor Talent Solutions Blog and by following the company on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
Glassdoor.com is a registered trademark of Glassdoor, Inc.
*Some variances in program details may exist for individual employee groups.
** Associates at the headquarters facility can pay for childcare services at the Child Development Center on premises.
SOURCE Nestle Purina PetCare Company