NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup Achieves Accelerated Customer and Reseller Momentum
Marquee Customers Including the Atlantis Luxury Resorts and the U.S. Marine Corps Benefitting From Solution's Unique Value Proposition to Deliver Faster, More Reliable Backup and Recovery
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., June 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Syncsort, a global leader in data integration acceleration and data protection software solutions, today announced that the NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB) solution is gaining strong adoption among customers and channel partners, generating significant customer momentum as midsize enterprises seek new approaches for protecting business-critical data in the face of exploding data volumes and the server virtualization wave.
Customers Reduce Costs and Simplify Backup and Recovery with NSB
- Customer momentum continues to accelerate as joint Syncsort and NetApp customers, including the Atlantis Luxury Resorts and the U.S. Marine Corps, are using NSB to solve a broader set of backup and disaster recovery challenges, typically at a 30 to 50 percent lower total cost of ownership.
- In the case of Kerzner International, parent company to the Atlantis Luxury Resorts in destinations like the Bahamas and Dubai, backup failures and errors left IT unable to guarantee prompt, efficient restores to the business. The threat of hurricanes served to complicate matters further and contributed to greater uneasiness around the ability to meet business requests for information or recovery.
- Using the NSB solution, Kerzner has generated meaningful business value through centralized backups and faster restores. The company has saved significant amounts of man-hours from a backup and user perspective with the proven NSB solution, and has been able to dramatically reduce SQL Server database restores from three days to only one hour.
- As part of the NetApp® industry-leading portfolio of Integrated Data Protection solutions, NSB delivers faster, easier and resource-efficient data protection solution for physical and virtual servers running in heterogeneous environments.
- The solution provides source-side data reduction and target-side deduplication, reduces backup windows, provides rapid restore of data and systems, and delivers integrated, simplified disaster recovery.
Channel Partners Turn to NSB to Maximize Revenue Opportunities
- In addition to customer momentum, NSB continues to generate a tremendous amount of interest from leading NetApp resellers looking to get into new accounts and grow their NetApp storage sales.
- In only nine months, more than 100 channel partners have signed up to resell the NSB solution including Alliant Technologies, Candoris Technologies, Champion Solutions Group, GSS Infotech, Insight Investments, Powersolv, Swish Data and Voyant Strategies.
- As part of the Syncsort Partner Edge Channel Program, resellers have access to the education, training, support and incentives needed to extend their value proposition and build more profitable businesses with NSB. The program offers three levels of participation – Authorized, Select and Elite – which partners qualify for based on goals, commitment and training.
- "We used to spend an hour or two a day just fixing backup problems, but now with the marriage of NetApp and Syncsort, we might have one error a day - if that - across all of our properties," said Jason Bourque, Director of Enterprise Systems at Kerzner International, parent company of the Atlantis Luxury Resorts. "That's been our biggest success with NSB, the stability from a backup perspective. But then there's also the reliability and performance we are getting from the storage systems themselves. We have been real impressed with the value of the solution overall."
- "The tremendous synergy between NetApp and Syncsort makes selling NSB logical for us," said Chris Pyle, CEO, Champion Solutions Group. "In addition to providing a superior technical solution, we are finding NSB to be extremely attractive to customers with heterogeneous environments that are seeking a long-term solution at a lower total cost of ownership."
- "NSB has been an extremely valuable addition to our NetApp portfolio because it offers a simple, integrated and proven data protection solution that enables us to compete more effectively for deals that we previously could not win," said Chris Aliberti, Executive Vice President, Strategy & Marketing, Insight Investments. "We believe that NSB is the right solution at the right time, as we continue to see customers more willing than ever before to switch or consolidate data protection solutions due to exploding data volumes and the proliferation of server virtualization."
- "NSB further extends NetApp's efficient, industry-leading Integrated Data Protection portfolio to provide a powerful heterogeneous data protection solution that is optimal for addressing the evolving requirements of today's virtualized and shared IT infrastructures," said Chris Cummings, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp. "As customers seek to transform backup and recovery, the accelerated momentum among customers and resellers underscores the unique value proposition and significant cost savings NSB offers to help customers maximize the value of their existing investments."
- "The fact that NSB has generated such strong momentum in the marketplace in such a short amount of time is a credit to the high-quality resellers that are signing up because they see the unique opportunity it presents as another strategic piece of their overall NetApp portfolio," said Mike Kuehn, Vice President of Worldwide Channels, Syncsort. "NSB is proving to have an extremely high competitive win rate because of its simplicity, speed and efficiency. With NSB, data only needs to be moved once and significant savings can be achieved on servers, storage, networks and operational costs."
- Video: Next Generation Backup and Recovery for Virtual Environments
- Best Practices for Addressing the Broken State of Backup
- New Models of Data Protection from NetApp and Syncsort
- Syncsort Data Protection Customer Success
- Syncsort Data Protection Blog
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
- Watch Syncsort Videos on YouTube
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world's most successful organizations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides record-setting data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration and data protection solutions. With over 15,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: www.syncsort.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The use of the term "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company.
Kevin Ruane, Corporate Communications
T: +1 201 746 7061
SOURCE Syncsort Incorporated
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.