NetAuthority Unveils Device-Centric Strong Authentication Solution Version 1.5 Upgrade Delivers Unprecedented Innovation in New Security Features and Enhances Compliance and Ease of Use for Mass Deployment
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NetAuthority, the leader in irrefutable device identification for trusted devices and trusted transactions, today announced the rollout of version 1.5 of its device-centric strong authentication solution. The new version strengthens NetAuthority's extensive repertoire of authentication capabilities with added improvements that deliver enhanced security, compliance and scalability features while remaining invisible to the user.
The explosive growth in mobility and e-commerce has produced significant growth in "card-not-present" (CNP) transactions that will skyrocket to surpass the rate of "card present" transactions in the coming years. The Yankee Group expects the value of global mobile transactions to exceed $1 trillion dollars by 2015. As consumers and commercial institutions inevitably embrace these new banking and payment channels, the need for additional layers of security and fraud prevention is increasing as well.
NetAuthority solutions help organizations mitigate the ongoing threat of cybercriminals engaged in online fraud, end-user impersonation, security breaches, theft and "man-in-the-browser" and "man-in-the-middle" attacks that occur in the event of stolen user credentials.
- Multi-tenant key pair rotation: Provides ability to independently issue new key pairs to reduce the vulnerability of key theft, facilitating mass deployment by enhancing centralized management capabilities.
- Meets NIST standards: Implements FIPS-compliant encryption modules meeting NIST standards.
- Interactive out-of-band / one-time password support: Delivers one-time password (OTP) support for device registration and adaptive authentication.
- Multi-stage device challenge: Enhances security via a new two-stage identification and authentication challenge process designed to target specific devices and synthetic key material.
- Self-service/ opt-in registration support: Introduces self-registration provisioning model to support device registration with large-scale consumer-facing applications, reducing demands on support staff and easing deployment timelines.
"Our patented solution sets the standard for strong authentication, ease of use and transaction verification," said Chris Brennan, CEO and founder of NetAuthority. "These new features, released today in v.1.5, are designed to enhance and fortify our Device Authentication Service and Engine solutions, making them stronger and easier to use than ever before. With new deployment and management capabilities, we are able to offer the strongest, most intuitive device authentication and transaction verification solution available in the market today."
Healthcare organizations and financial service institutions - in particular on-line and mobile banking, e-wallets and peer-to-peer payments - are seeking strong device authentication solutions that are easy to implement with ongoing support and trusted security. These v.1.5 additions are designed to streamline and facilitate mass deployment of the solution among enterprise and multi-tenant service organizations, as well as authentication as a service organizations.
Users of the solution will receive automatic upgrades via their subscription to the NetAuthority Device Authentication Service. To view a complete feature set, please visit http://www.netauthority.com/products/key-features/
NetAuthority is the leader in strong authentication solutions for trusted Internet-connected devices and transactions. Our solution secures information and financial assets, assures user confidence that drives business, and protects assets and brand equity. NetAuthority's patented device-centric methods provide irrefutable accuracy with best in class security, ease of use and value. For more information, visit www.NetAuthority.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.