Netherlands Cider Market Insights 2012
NEW YORK, Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type. Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Netherlands Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Netherlands cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The Dutch cider market was non-existent until 2009 when Heineken decided to focus new activity in this category in order to increase volumes. Apart from Jillz all other cider volumes are imported. As the category is fairly new it has yet to develop into segments. The beverage is still quite new to the Dutch palate and supermarkets struggle to present the product in such a way as to allow it to have its own identity.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Heineken continues the sustained effort of promoting cider as a new category with special supermarket promotions coupled with magazine advertisements. Heineken is now putting extra money and effort into the segment for two to three years and therefore confirms that the investment is bearing fruit and volumes are increasing.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Netherlands Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Key Features and Benefits
This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Netherlands cider market.
This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles
This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Key Market Issues
The category did not exist in Holland before 2000 and so the beverage is still quite new to the Dutch palate
New Jillz cider was created to appeal to a female audience both in terms of image and taste.
Cider promotions are highly seasonal, with the main focus being during spells of warm weather.
As the category is new marketing and advertising is needed to introduce consumers to it.
Other players have yet to follow Heineken into the market and it remains to be seen if the category can be established.
The category enjoyed strong growth in 2011 but from a small base.
Heineken continued its sustained efforts promoting cider as a new category. The company will put extra money and effort into the category for the next two to three years.
Heineken marketed Jillz aimed at female drinkers and Strongbow aimed at male drinkers. Both brands enjoyed growth in 2011.
Savanna (from South Africa) also grew and plans on-premise promotions for 2012.
The presence of cider four packs maintains the price level in supermarkets in line with the total price for six packs of beer (in either glass or can). By keeping the price points the same, the products become more interchangeable in the consumers' mind.
Table of Contents
Section 1 Market Update
- Market Size
- Market Value
- Distribution 2011
- Current and Emerging Trends
- Imports and Exports
- Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2009-2011
- Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands - Volume, 2009-2011
- Brand Analysis
- Private Label/Private Label Producers
- New Products Activity
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
- HEINEKEN N.V.
- Heineken Netherlands Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
- A BRAND NEW DAY COMPANY B.V.
- A Brand New Day Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
MINOR CIDER COMPANIES
- Bier and Co
Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
List of Tables
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
- Table 1.2.1 - Taxation Base
- Table 1.2.3 - Legal Controls on Cider
- Table 1.3.1 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
- Table 1.3.2 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Liters, 2001-2012F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2012F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2001-2012F
- Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
- Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2005-2012F
- Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012F
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F.
- Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
- Cider All Trademarks, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Type, 2007-2011
- Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
- Cider Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
- Cider Local Operators, 2007-2011
- Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
- Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
- Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2008-2012F
List of Figures
- Chart - Leading Brewers/Imports, 2011
- Market Structure
- Cider Producers/Importers
- Chart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
- Packaging Trends
- Chart - Distribution by Channel, 2011
- Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
- Market Valuation and Pricing
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
- Distribution Trends
HEINEKEN N.V., A BRAND NEW DAY COMPANY B.V., Bier and Co
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
More by this Source
Europe Online Gaming Market 2014
Mar 12, 2014, 10:18 ET
Paint and Varnish Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
Mar 12, 2014, 10:13 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.