Network improvements help Oahu, Hawaii residents and visitors make more calls, download more apps and stay connected
HONOLULU, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers thanks to network improvements on Oahu.
- Camp Smith: Improved 4G LTE coverage on Camp H. M. Smith US Marine Corps Installation
- New 4G LTE coverage expansion for Kalihi Valley and Likelike Highway
- Improved 4G LTE coverage in Moanalua Valley and Salt Lake areas
- Increased 3G and 4G LTE capacity in Honolulu near the Naval Exchange
- Expanded 4G LTE coverage for Kalama Valley
- Expanded 4G LTE coverage for Pali Hwy and Nuuanu Pali Drive
- Expanded 4G LTE coverage for the Honolulu side of Pali Highway
- Expanded 4G LTE coverage and capacity for Waikiki
- Kaneohe: Enhanced 3G and 4G LTE coverage and capacity for Windward side of the H3 Freeway, Pali and Koolau Golf Courses
- Kapolei: Increased 3G and 4G LTE coverage around the resorts at Ko'Olina
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $315 million in its Hawaii network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $80 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
Verizon Wireless on Twitter
To stay up-to-date on Verizon Wireless news in Northern California, Northern Nevada and Hawai'i, follow @VZWheidi on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWheidi.
For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 98.9 million retail customers, including 93.2 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 73,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless