Neuberger Berman Marks Anniversary with Annual "Celebration with Service" Community Service Events Global Projects Include School, Park and Home Revitalization, Career Counseling and Literacy Efforts
NEW YORK, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Neuberger Berman Group LLC, one of the world's leading employee-owned money managers, marks the fourth anniversary of its return to independence by kicking off its annual "Celebration with Service" program. The community service initiative starts in late April and runs several weeks to include more than 900 Neuberger Berman employees participating in over 60 projects around the world in cities including Boston, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Wilmington, Del., London, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Taipei and Tokyo.
Celebration with Service events complement the mission of the Neuberger Berman Foundation, which is committed to helping at-risk children and youth achieve their potential through educational enrichment and support programs that promote academic success, independence and economic sustainability. Neuberger Berman partners with organizations that provide programs to:
- Ensure that young children receive essential school readiness and educational enrichment opportunities.
- Help older youth on their path to economic independence through programs such as job readiness, college preparedness and financial literacy training.
George Walker, CEO of Neuberger Berman said, "We are thrilled to once again mark our return to independence by giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Many of our projects target at-risk youth as we believe we can have the greatest impact by helping the rising generation," he said.
Of the nearly 60 projects occurring this year, select highlights include:
- New York: Field Trips with four- and five-year-olds to the Museum of the City of New York and the Central Park Zoo, helping the Association to Benefit Children; Reading, science enrichment, art and sports at the East Harlem Scholars Academy and benefiting Teach for America, with volunteers including Neuberger Berman President and Chief Investment Officer Joe Amato, a Teach for America board member.
- London: Transforming a house, through Habitat for Humanity, into a housing project for three East London families.
- Chicago: Interview Skills and Leadership Development with Lawrence Hall Youth Services. Volunteers will work with local high school students on mock interviews, goal setting and other team building activities.
- Wilmington, Del.: Discussion of "paths to college" with middle school students from the Walnut Street WMCA, in conjunction with Teach for America.
- Dallas: Games and activities with children from Vogel Alcove, an organization providing childcare and early education services for homeless families in Dallas.
- Boston: Hosting local college students for an afternoon of job shadowing and career development through Bottom Line, Inc., an organization helping disadvantaged youth get into and graduate from college and lead successful lives.
- Tokyo: Cleaning a Tokyo hospital serving young children.
For information on the Neuberger Berman Foundation and Celebration with Service dates, please visit https://www.nb.com/corporate_social_responsibility/.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman is a private, independent, employee-controlled investment manager. It partners with institutions, advisors and individuals throughout the world to customize solutions that address their needs for income, growth and capital preservation. With more than 1,800 professionals focused exclusively on asset management, it offers an investment culture of independent thinking. Founded in 1939, the company provides solutions across equities, fixed income, hedge funds and private equity, and had $216 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2013. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.
All information is as of March 31, 2013, unless otherwise indicated and is subject to change without notice. Firm data, including employee and assets under management figures, reflects collective data for the various affiliated investment advisers that are subsidiaries of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Firm history dates back to the 1939 founding of Neuberger & Berman (the predecessor to Neuberger Berman LLC). The "Neuberger Berman" name and logo are registered service marks of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. © 2013 Neuberger Berman LLC. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Neuberger Berman Group LLC