VILNIUS, Lithuania, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Neurotechnology, a provider of high-precision biometric identification technologies, today announced the availability of MegaMatcher 10, the latest update to the MegaMatcher multi-biometric product line. MegaMatcher 10 provides a number of significant updates across the MegaMatcher line, which includes: MegaMatcher SDK, a multi-biometric SDK for large scale systems; MegaMatcher Accelerator, the world's fastest biometric matching engine; and the MegaMatcher Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS), a turnkey solution. As with previous versions, each biometric modality can be used alone or in any combination to provide increased accuracy and reliability to meet the needs of both small and large-scale biometric identification projects.
"This version provides increased accuracy in multiple biometric modalities, as confirmed by third-party independent tests," said Dr. Justas Kranauskas, R&D Manager for Neurotechnology. "Together with the fastest biometric engine algorithms and great standards support, these updates enable our clients to create better products in every respect."
The MegaMatcher line covers the following biometric modalities as well as SDKs for them: fingerprint (VeriFinger), face (VeriLook), eye iris (VeriEye) and voice (VeriSpeak) modalities. MegaMatcher SDK includes all these modalities.
MegaMatcher Accelerator provides high speed, high volume biometric identification suitable for national-scale projects. It is available in several editions, including the recently introduced Extreme edition. The Extreme edition is capable of matching 1.2 billion fingerprints per second, 1.2 billion faces per second or 700 million irises per second on a single server with a GPU which make it fastest biometrical matcher in the market.
Enhancements to the algorithms and capabilities of the MegaMatcher 10 SDKs and Accelerators include:
- Fingerprint modality – Continuously tested in both NIST MINEX III and NIST PFTII, this modality includes new extraction and matching algorithms that provide better interoperability with other vendors and improved recognition accuracy on lower quality fingerprint scans. Multiple partial fingerprint scans can be efficiently merged into a single template with the new generalization algorithm.
- Face modality – Added capabilities include a new, faster age detection algorithm, improved generalization, better face image quality determination and ability to process faces up to full profile.
- Iris modality – Includes new eye segmentation algorithms that can process eyes captured at any orientation, eyes with heavily dilated pupils and even eyes captured not only in near-infrared, but also in the visible light spectrum range. Compared to the previous version, the Internal NIST IREX IX report shows a two-fold decrease in the recognition error rate on their datasets.
- Voice modality – An entirely new voice recognition algorithm provides better recognition accuracy in text-independent scenarios. Together with a new, robust voice activity detector it decreases the recognition error rate nearly two times compared with the previous version.
- MegaMatcher Accelerator fault tolerance – MegaMatcher Accelerator products are faster and more robust with a new failover architecture that utilizes a peer-to-peer network structure and requires fewer active nodes to maintain the system. Nodes may also be added dynamically.
- Updated biometric standards support – includes, among others, ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 support and photo checking according to International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards. This includes new checks for face darkness, pixelation, looking away, skin reflections, glasses reflections, skin tone, washed out colors, red eye and ICAO fixes for red-eye correction.
- Enriched Android support – includes a new multi-modal sample and new liveness check capabilities that provide support for custom liveness checks.
While the MegaMatcher SDK is intended for system integrators, MegaMatcher ABIS is Neurotechnology's turnkey multi-biometric solution for large-scale identification projects. It is a modular and customizable solution that provides services for high- performance multi-biometric systems with multiple transactions using any combination of fingerprint, face or eye iris biometric modalities. It is available as a complete system and ready for the deployment in national-scale projects.
The MegaMatcher 10 line update includes a new version of the MegaMatcher Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS).
"MegaMatcher ABIS provides a standard-based open architecture which ensures easy integration with the existing systems and significantly improves new product development process and delivery time" said Denis Kacan, MegaMatcher ABIS product manager. "This new version of MegaMatcher ABIS brings platform independent web-based applications as well as better performance, smooth integration and deployment."
New MegaMatcher ABIS version includes following enhancements:
- Biometric technologies - Includes all the biometric technology and algorithm improvements available in the new MegaMatcher 10 line.
- Integration – Includes web-service based RESTful API for easy integration with other systems such as enrollment and personalization applications, identity management and fraud prevention systems.
- Deployment – Significantly improved the system deployment using automatization processes.
- Client application – Introduces platform independent web-based applications for key biometric operations – enrollment, identification, verification and adjudication.
- Performance – Internal optimizations which improves performance when working with large datasets.
MegaMatcher 10 and the entire Neurotechnology biometric product line can be purchased from Neurotechnology and through distributors worldwide. A free 30-day trial is available and, as with all Neurotechnology products, the latest version is a free upgrade for existing customers. For more information, go to www.neurotechnology.com.
Neurotechnology is a developer of high-precision algorithms and software based on deep neural network (DNN) and other AI-related technologies. The company offers a range of products for biometric fingerprint, face, iris, palmprint and voice identification as well as AI, computer vision, object recognition and robotics. Drawing from years of academic research in the fields of neuroinformatics, image processing and pattern recognition, Neurotechnology was founded in 1990 in Vilnius, Lithuania and released its first fingerprint identification system in 1991. Since that time the company has released more than 130 products and version upgrades. More than 3000 system integrators, security companies and hardware providers integrate Neurotechnology's algorithms into their products, with millions of customer installations worldwide. Neurotechnology's algorithms have achieved top results in independent technology evaluations, including NIST MINEX and IREX.
Jennifer Allen Newton
Bluehouse Consulting Group, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neurotechnology-releases-new-megamatcher-10-multi-biometric-product-line-300477150.html