Neverfail Raises the Bar for Continuous Availability Neverfail 6.6 Introduces the Virtual Availability Director and SRMXtender for VMware, Adds Site Level Disaster Recovery, Simplifies Business Application Availability and Provides Systems Management Integration
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Neverfail®, a leading global software company specializing in affordable continuous availability and disaster recovery solutions, today announced Neverfail version 6.6. Neverfail provides a single software-based solution for any Windows application that enables end users to stay continuously connected to business critical applications. This latest release extends the Neverfail Continuous Availability Suite to support the following features:
- Virtual Availability Director: Enables vSphere administrators to manage their Neverfail servers from inside the vSphere management console. This advancement provides companies with a single interface for managing virtualization and availability together, simplifying management in virtualized environments.
- SRMXtender: Extends VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) to provide support for tier 1 servers requiring near zero data loss and absolute minimum downtime. This includes support for applications running in physical, virtual and heterogeneous environments in addition to running different hypervisors. This allows site recovery plans to include more than just VMware guest machines and include the broader infrastructure.
- Site-level Disaster Recovery: Adds the ability to failover or switchover all the applications running at one site with a single click. Site-level controls make it possible to quickly and easily failover to a secondary site should a disaster occur, as well as efficiently perform a switchover and switchback to support routine maintenance or scheduled site level downtime. By providing site-level control of planned and unplanned downtime, customers can benefit from much greater flexibility to manage their complex IT infrastructures.
- Business Applications: Simplifies the setup and management of business applications. Business applications are a group of servers that provide a single business process such as messaging or a SharePoint web farm. The relationship between servers, which control the order in which they failover, is now even easier to configure and use.
- Systems Management: Supports monitoring of Neverfail servers and protected applications from the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) console. Also includes support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which means administrators can now integrate Neverfail with their systems management tool of choice, such as HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli or CA Unicenter.
"We are looking forward to being able to manage Neverfail machines from within the vSphere client," says Adrian Brudnicki, IT Manager for Matrix Systems. "This addition will be a big convenience for us in managing our infrastructure."
"This release is a very exciting step for the company," said Paddy Falls, CTO of Neverfail. "Firstly, we have added major new features such as site-level management and systems management integration that our larger customers have requested. Secondly, our Virtual Availability Director and SRMXtender interfaces now mean that VMware vSphere customers have a single integrated solution for managing all of their business continuity needs independent of whether their applications run on a physical machine or any virtual platform."
Neverfail version 6.6 is a free upgrade for current Neverfail customers using previous releases of version 6.x software. For customers who upgrade from previous versions the new Site Level Management, Virtual Availability Director, System Center Operations Manager support and SNMP support are all free of charge. For new customers, Neverfail is priced per server on the application being protected for physical environments; for virtual environments it is priced per host socket. SRMXtender is priced at $2,995 per protected site for both existing and new customers. Neverfail version 6.6 is available now. Existing customers, prospective customers and partners interested in more information should contact Neverfail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neverfail is a leading global software company providing affordable data protection, high availability, and disaster recovery solutions focused on eliminating user downtime. Neverfail's software solutions enable users to remain continuously connected to the live software application irrespective of hardware, software, operating system, or network failures. Neverfail's mission of eliminating application downtime for the end user delivers the assurance of business continuity, removes the commercial and IT management costs associated with system downtime, and enables the more productive use of IT resources. Neverfail, a VMware and Microsoft Partner, OEMs its solution to VMware and is a consistent and active early adopter in all mission-critical Microsoft applications. More information can be found at www.neverfailgroup.com.
Neverfail is a trademark of Neverfail Group Limited. All other trademarks, including VMware, vSphere, Microsoft, and Windows, IBM and Tivoli, HP and OpenView, CA and Unicenter are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2011 Neverfail Group Ltd. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, or translated into any language or computer language, in any form or by any means without prior express, written consent of Neverfail Group Limited.