New 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD Delivers Best Pursuit-rated Performance and Fastest-ever AWD Lap Time During Its First Police Vehicle Evaluation Tests
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD records fastest lap time during Michigan State Police's 2014 Vehicle Evaluation Test (1:33.85)
- With the fastest average lap time (1:34.75) at Grattan Raceway, Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD showcases the best combination of acceleration, braking, handling and dynamics
- Fastest-ever AWD pursuit-rated sedan complements the all-time lap record held by the 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 rear-wheel-drive (RWD) model (1:33.70)
- Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD features the most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system in the segment, delivering maximum all-weather traction and fuel-efficiency
- Best-in-class braking on Charger Pursuit V-8: new high-performance brake system with larger diameter front rotors and larger swept area increases stopping performance (late availability)
Designed and engineered to be America's high-performance all-season police vehicle, the new 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD continues to build on the rear-wheel-drive model's performance legacy — achieving the fastest lap time ever recorded (1:33.85) for an all-wheel-drive test sedan — at Michigan State Police's (MSP) annual Police Vehicle Evaluation earlier this week at Grattan Raceway in Belding, Mich.
"With the record-holding rear-wheel drive Dodge Charger Pursuit and now the fastest-ever recorded all-wheel drive model, Chrysler Group offers those who protect and serve us with the best pursuit-rated sedans in the business," said Peter Grady, Vice President of Network Development and Fleet, Chrysler Group LLC. "And with the only test cars achieving lap times less than 1:34, Dodge Charger Pursuit highlights the segment's best combination of world-class technology, acceleration, braking, handling and dynamics."
Most-advanced AWD System for Tactical Pursuit-rated Performance and Efficiency
The new 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD takes the lap record-holding rear-wheel drive (RWD) model's 370 horsepower HEMI® V-8 design and integrates the most advanced AWD system in the segment, delivering maximum all-weather traction and fuel-efficiency.
With its segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system, the new Dodge Charger Pursuit's AWD seamlessly transitions between RWD and AWD with no driver intervention. When AWD is not required, the system automatically disconnects the front axle to maximize fuel economy while still providing the outstanding performance and handling inherent in rear-wheel-drive vehicles.
Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD will be made available to law enforcement customers in the Spring of 2014 through Chrysler Group's Fleet Operations.
Feedback from the field improves the 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit
With input from law enforcement officials and Dodge brand's Police Advisory Board, the 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 and V-6 models continue to add improvements to meet the high expectations and performance needs of the people who protect us. Improvements for 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit lineup include:
- New Charger Pursuit V-8 AWD model with segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle disconnect for maximum all-season traction and efficiency (late availability)
- Best-in-class stopping power (60-0 mph in less than 127 feet) with Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 and new high-performance brake system (late availability)
- Larger 14.5-inch front rotors (up from 13.6-inch)
- Front-caliper swept area increased to 388 sq.in. from 289 sq.in.
- Rear-caliper swept area increased to 296 sq.in. from 291 sq.in.
- Police-specific Secure Park, which prevents idling vehicle from being driven without key fob present in the vehicle
- Revised rear fascia and robust exhaust tips to further enhance the "pursuit" capability of the Charger when crossing highway medians
- New camber link change to the rear suspension to further enhance high-speed and aggressive braking performance
- Upgraded fuel pump for added durability
- Variable-displacement air conditioner compressor for added efficiency
- Factory-installed Mopar horizontal or vertical vinyl graphics for customer convenience
- ParkSense rear-park assist now available
About the 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit
The 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit features two uncompromised, high-performance engines that deliver world-class levels of power, refinement, technology and fuel efficiency. And new for 2014, Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 now offers the most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system in the segment, delivering maximum all-weather traction and fuel-efficiency.
Delivering best-in-class power and achieving the fastest-ever lap time at Michigan State Police's (MSP) Vehicle Evaluation Test for the 2012 model year (1:33.70) at Grattan Raceway in Michigan – the Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 (RWD) with its legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine unleashes 370 horsepower, 390 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-to-60 mph in less than 6 seconds and up to 25 highway mpg with innovative four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology. Additionally, the Dodge Charger Pursuit V-6 features an aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivering 292 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, E-85 flex-fuel capability and up to 27 highway mpg.
With superior ride and handling, the Dodge Charger Pursuit features Chrysler Group's second-generation large car rear-wheel-drive architecture with performance-tuned suspension, load-leveling NIVOMAT shocks, heavy-duty anti-lock vented-disc brakes (ABS), front- and rear-stabilizer bars, 18-inch performance tires on steel wheels and two-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
Developed with the guidance of the brand's Police Advisory Board, the Dodge Charger Pursuit features a mobile-command interior with unique features, including a Vehicle Systems Interface Module for easy equipment integration, heavy-duty police-duty front seats and column-mounted shifter with Auto Stick.
In addition to its Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick," the Dodge Charger Pursuit surrounds the heroic men and women who protect with uncompromising safety and security equipment, including standard advanced multi-stage driver and front-passenger air bags, seat-mounted side-thorax air bags, supplemental side-curtain air bags for front and rear outboard passengers and driver's knee bag.
The 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit is manufactured at Chrysler Group LLC's Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant and available through Chrysler Group's Fleet Operations www.fleet.chrysler.com
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.