New 450Mbps Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router from TP-LINK Offers Faster Speeds and Wider Coverage for All Your Household's Online Activities
With more available wireless channels, the TP-LINK 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless Router provides the industry's best performance to reliably handle bandwidth-intensive activities such as HD video streaming and online gaming without interference or lag
CITY OF COMMERCE, Calif., Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TP-LINK, a global provider of networking products, today announced its new 450Mbps Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router, allowing you to achieve a reliable and high quality wireless multimedia experience online. With speeds of up to 450Mbps and simultaneous dual-band capabilities, you can now play music, games and HD videos as well as share photos from anywhere in your home or office without worrying about drops in wireless connection.
450Mbps Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router (TL-WR2843ND) – $129.99 – available May 2011
Simultaneous dual band is the best weapon to avoiding interference on your wireless network. Because so many devices in the home—such as cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, and don't forget your neighbors' wireless routers—operate on the 2.4GHz band, the likelihood of your Wi-Fi network slowing down is high. However, with the additional 5GHz band on the 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless Router, you gain access to an entire band of free channels to transmit data. For example, you can use the 2.4GHz band to browse the Web while at the same time use the 5GHz band to stream HD videos.
The TP-LINK 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless Router offers a USB Share Port to attach an external hard drive or other USB storage device for sharing and backing up files. Adding a new device to your network is simple with its Wi-Fi Protected Setup Button. Just press a button and your wireless device will automatically receive your network security information and securely configure itself.
The 450Mbps Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router is on display at:
- 2011 International CES, January 6–9, 2011, in Las Vegas at Booth #31569 South Hall
- ShowStoppers media event, January 6, 2011, in Las Vegas at The Wynn Hotel
"With more and more people using media-intensive applications online, it becomes even more critical to ensure a reliable wireless experience," said Richard Xu, General Manager of TP-LINK USA. "Streaming HD content, gaming online, and even sharing photos require the best possible wireless connection. People want to get online and stay on. Our 450Mbps Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router stays true to this promise."
- With three spatial streams using MIMO technology, the Router achieves a maximum theoretical throughput of up to 450Mbps—up to 50% faster in speed and 60% increase in range over standard 300Mbps wireless 802.11N.
- Simultaneous dual-band performance prevents interference and offers an extra channel to ensure completion of all your bandwidth-intensive applications.
- USB Share Port allows you to attach a USB storage device—such as an external hard drive, digital camera or USB flash drive—directly to the Router, giving any network-connected user access to documents, videos and photos on the storage drive.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup Button makes adding a new device to your network simple. Just press a button and your wireless device will automatically receive your network security information and securely configure itself.
- Standard: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g
- Interface: 4 10/100/1000Mbps LAN Ports, 1 10/100/1000Mbps WAN Ports 1 USB 2.0 Port, Push Button (for Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- 3x3 External Dual Band Antenna
- 2.4GHz, 5GHz frequency range
- Wireless speed up to 450Mbps
- Modulation Technology: DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, OFDM, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- USB 2.0 interface
- Quick Security Setup
- Wireless Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryptions, MAC Filtering
- Advanced Firewall Features: Network Address Translation (NAT), VPN Pass-through (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec) / SPI Firewall, Access Control
- Dimensions(L*W*H) 1.4*0.7*0.3in.(36.8*17*8.4mm)
TP-Link products are available in retail at Fry's Electronics, MicroCenter, J&R Electronics and Expo Electronics. You can also find them online at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, mwave.com and Buy.com. For more details on where-to-buy, please visit us here.
TP-LINK is a global provider of networking products, available in over 100 countries with tens of millions of customers. With the Number 1 market share in China, TP-LINK is committed to innovative R&D, effective production and strict quality management. TP-LINK provides wireless routers & adapters, wireless access points, 3G routers, ADSL modem router, Powerline products, IP cameras, print servers, SOHO/SMB routers and SOHO/SMB switches. Visit us at www.tp-link.com.
More by this Source
TP-LINK Announces Holiday Savings to 40 Percent on Wireless Networking Products
Nov 25, 2013, 08:30 ET
TP-LINK Launches Tether App for Network Management on Android and iOS Devices
Aug 19, 2013, 08:40 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.