New Age of Military Airlift Brings Friendly Forces to Brussels Forum
LONDON, July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
With the first delivery of the Boeing C-17 to India and the first delivery of the Lockheed Martin C-130J to Israel both occurring in recent weeks, ahead of the first delivery of Europe's new Airbus A400M military airlifter taking place this summer, the global community remains abuzz with anticipation of a bright future for the military airlift market.
Defence IQ's annual Military Airlift 2013 event coincides with these emerging market opportunities, allowing those in the Aerospace industry to meet with regional airlift end-users and assess both current requirements and feedback from recent airlifter operations. The conference will be held on the 19th & 20th September at the Melsbroek Air Base, Brussels, Belgium, hosted with the official backing of 15th Wing Air Transport, Belgium Component.
The event will hear from key industry experts, including:
- Major-General Claude Van de Voorde, Air Component Commander, Belgian Air Force
- Major General Pascal Valentin, Commander, European Air Transport Group
- Brigadier General Blaine D. Holt, J4 Director, Headquarters U.S. European Command
- Colonel Franch Rombouts, Commander Heavy Airlift Wing, Royal Dutch Air Force
- Colonel Johan van Soest, Commander Air Base Eindhoven, Royal Dutch Air Force
- Colonel Franck Verdierre, Head of Training & Exercises Branch, French Air Force
- Lieutenant Colonel Karsten Fledelius Jensen, Commander Air Transport Wing Aalborg, Royal Danish Airforce
- Wiek Noldus, Programme Manager, NATO Airlift Management Programme
Speakers will highlight a range of platform developments from across Europe, as well as focus on methods for improving the pooling and sharing of airlift assets for a more efficient utilisation of allied platforms.
In addition, a pre-conference workshop day entitled 'A Systems Approach to Military Airlift' is set to be hosted by Carlee A Bishop, Executive Director, PMASE, Georgia Institute of Technology, and is scheduled for 18th September.
For more information and to download the conference programme please visit:
SOURCE Defence IQ