BOULDER, Colo., Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Luncher Inc. today announced the launch of its new iOS app called Luncher designed for today's growing Foodie tastemakers who love to eat out, create dishes at home, are always on the hunt for that next great meal and like sharing it with friends. Luncher is now available on iTunes and is featured on Product Hunt.
The ultimate app for Foodies who see lunch as the perfect excuse to indulge their culinary-selves, Luncher creates a daily national photo competition to find the best lunch in the country. Lunchers submit their meal pics and vote on lunches in head-to-head lunch matchups. At the end of the day, one lunch is crowned the winner.
- Track your lunch performance in real time as other Lunchers vote for or against your lunch in a battle royale
- Vote on lunches in head-to-head matchups. Simply swipe the Lunch mouth towards the winning lunch and repeat
- Track the daily Lunch-Off on leader boards and your progress
- Receive badges for lunch wins
- Importantly, get introduced to great new meals and cuisines in real time and get inspired for your own adventure
Luncher CEO Jim Heekin said, "Today, we Foodies want more. More options, more flavors, more off the beaten path gems. To us, lunch is our adult recess - a brief moment to escape the day and have a fun, unique experience. Now there's a place where we can all share and compete in a coast-to-coast food party, every day."
Today's Lunchers: A Snapshot
Ninety million strong, Millennials are leading the charge to change the face of lunch:
- A majority call themselves "Foodies"
- They eat out the most frequently at lunch
- Many prefer communal tables at lunch for their social nature
- A majority consult friends before selecting a restaurant
- A minority order something different on every restaurant visit
- The vast majority will splurge on a nice meal even when money is tight
- Small plates, starters and mains have replaced appetizers and entrees
- They consider food as an adventure, an ingredient of entertainment and self-expression, and want to share their personal experience
- The vast majority check their phones at the table and many use digital, social and mobile technology including apps when they go out
Please go to www.winluncher.com for more information. Available in the contiguous U.S. only, not currently Alaska and Hawaii. For best experience use iPhone 5 and later.
SOURCE Luncher Inc.