AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 172 million active users, today announces the availability of AVG Web TuneUp to optimize Web browsing for Windows® users, providing protection while searching and surfing the Web, cleaning browsing tracks, and enabling users to control their online privacy.
AVG Web TuneUp works seamlessly in the background and requires minimal space to operate. Users experience a slim interface with one single button providing protection and privacy without interfering with browsing activity.
Initially available in English for Chrome™ or Firefox® browsers, AVG Web TuneUp is built on a powerful search engine with additional AVG security capabilities that enhances browser performance by detecting harmful or invasive websites and automatically protecting your Windows PC. This free browser add-on is the latest addition to AVG's comprehensive range of free online security products providing users with enhanced privacy, protection and performance for today's most popular digital devices.
"The Web today is filled with websites that contain hidden threats or cookies that track your online activity," said Andrew Reid, General Manager, Platform, AVG Technologies. "AVG Web TuneUp allows you to take back control of your privacy so that you only share data with organizations you trust. Performance of Web browsers is also critical to consumers," added Reid. "Speed and ease of use enable you to reach your online destination more quickly with the knowledge that your digital safety will not be compromised."
AVG Web TuneUp provides three key benefits:
- Protection while searching and surfing – the Site Safety feature provides an additional security layer while searching and surfing to protect you from infected websites. It checks every page before you even click on a link to make sure your identity, your personal information and your PC are protected and then alerts you if the sites are deemed unsafe.
- Browser cleaning capability – the Browser Cleaner feature provides 1-click cleaning of your online activity including browsing history, online cookies, download history and saved forms.
- Privacy control - the Do Not Track feature shows you which websites are collecting data on your online activities and allows you to take back control of your privacy by giving you the choice to block ad network tracking, social network tracking and Web analytics
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 172 million active users as of September 30, 2013 and offers a protection, performance and privacy products and services suite to consumers and small businesses including Internet security, performance optimization, mobile security, online backup, identity protection and family safety software.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AVGfree
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVG
- Join our LinkedIn community at www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
- Watch us at www.youtube.com/user/officialAVG
SOURCE AVG Technologies