WILMINGTON, Del., Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Barclaycard, the payments business of Barclays in the United States, announced the launch of its unlimited cash rewards credit card, the Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®. With no rotating categories, no quarterly sign-ups and no annual fee, it offers a straightforward, simple approach to earning and redeeming cash rewards. Barclaycard is taking cash back in a new direction – forward – by offering cardmembers unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase and a 5% redemption bonus to use toward their next redemption every time they redeem.
"Barclaycard CashForward is the card for people who want unlimited cash rewards without the hassle of managing complicated card benefit programs," said Rachana Bhatt, head of branded cards at Barclaycard US. "There's no need to choose categories or worry about which card to use because cardmembers get the same great cash rewards every time and place they shop."
A year of earning and redeeming with Barclaycard CashForward can easily net cardmembers hundreds of dollars. Assuming average monthly spending of $600 on groceries, $300 on utilities, $300 on gas, $250 on restaurants and $250 on miscellaneous purchases, the typical Barclaycard CashForward cardmember could earn $306 in cash rewards in just one year.
"Consumers won't find another cash rewards card that gives a redemption bonus every time they redeem – for a deposit into any bank account, a statement credit or gift cards," says Bhatt.
Barclaycard CashForward benefits, all for no annual fee:
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus (for example, for every $100 cash rewards cardmembers redeem, they will automatically receive a $5 cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward their next redemption)
- Three options to redeem cash rewards: a deposit into any bank account, a statement credit or gift cards
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as the account is open, active and in good standing
Barclaycard CashForward has built-in features aimed at keeping cardmembers moving forward:
- $0 Fraud Liability protection means cardmembers are not responsible for unauthorized charges they report to us
- Chip card technology makes paying for purchases more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- Free online access to FICO® Credit Score lets cardmembers keep an eye on their credit and receive alerts when their score has changed
- Identity theft helpline provides access to a certified resolution specialist who can help by notifying credit reporting agencies, placing alerts, assisting with affidavits, replacing credit cards and more
Click here to learn more about the Barclaycard CashForward MasterCard.
About Barclaycard US
Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US is the fastest growing top 10 credit card issuer in the nation. The company creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country's most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business also issues its own Barclaycard branded credit cards: Barclaycard Rewards, Barclaycard Ring, the award winning Barclaycard Arrival product series and now Barclaycard CashForward. Additional information on Barclaycard can be found at BarclaycardUS.com.
Stay up to date on Twitter: @barclaycardus | YouTube: youtube.com/BarclaycardUS | Travel Community: barclaycardtravel.com | Facebook: facebook.com/BarclaycardUS | Instagram: instagram.com/barclaycardus
SOURCE Barclaycard US