New "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Supermarket To Open In Redlands
New energy efficient Supermarket replaces existing Supermarket on Lugonia in Redlands
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stater Bros. is pleased to announce the opening of its newest and most modern Supermarket in Redlands, California on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held in the parking lot at 8:15 a.m., and the new Stater Bros. Redlands/Lugonia Supermarket will open for business at 9:00 a.m. After Wednesday, the new Supermarket will be open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Located at 1775 East Lugonia Avenue in the Redlands Village Shopping Center, the new Redlands Supermarket will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 1786 Lugonia Avenue, which will close on September 24th. This new Redlands/Lugonia Stater Bros. Supermarket demonstrates Stater Bros.' commitment to the Redlands community it has served for over 76 years (since 1937).
In celebration of the Grand Opening, Stater Bros. Charities will be making donations to the Redlands Police Department for their Children's Community Block Party; to the Redlands East Valley High School Marching Wildcats, who will also perform at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony; and to the A.K. Smiley Library for their Young Readers Room. In addition, a donation will be presented for the purchase of 8 barbecues at nearby Crafton Park in Redlands in honor of the city's 125th Anniversary Celebration.
At 44,000 sq. ft., the new state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly Redlands/Lugonia Stater Bros. Supermarket is approximately 50% larger than the Supermarket it will be replacing, with wider aisles, outdoor seating and a decor scheme that reflects the city's rich history. Stater Bros. also operates two other Supermarkets in Redlands at 11 East Colton Avenue and at 1536 Barton Road.
The new, larger Redlands Stater Bros. Supermarket will offer a greater variety of products and enhanced customer services. Key enhancements include:
- Full Service Fresh Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with experts to help with selection plus capability to season and fry on the spot
- Full Service Deli including Cleo & Leo exclusive recipe hand-breaded fried chicken, Rotisserie style chicken, specialty sandwiches, wraps, taco plates, olive bar and much more
- Self Service Beverage Bar with New Coca-Cola "Freestyle" Fountain Drink Station featuring over 100 flavors of soda, ICEE Drinks, Iced Teas, Espresso, Specialty Coffees, Latte and Hot Cocoa
- Full Service Hot Bakery with a full selection of Artisan breads and rolls, plus ice cream cakes, fresh baked cookies and special occasion cakes and cupcakes
- Floral Department for that special gift of plants and floral arrangements, balloons and novelty items
- Full Service U.S. Bank
- Garden Fresh Produce Department with more than 1,000 items and an expanded organic selection
The new Stater Bros. Redlands Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly practices:
- LED lighting, glass doors, and curtains in refrigerated cases reduce energy usage by 60%
- Environmentally friendly, EPA GreenChill Certified refrigeration system
- Energy efficient LED lighting in building signage and parking lot lighting
- New lighting system that uses dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps and occupancy sensors
- Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
- Energy Management System that controls refrigeration, HVAC, Demand Response, and lighting
- Part of chain-wide green waste recycling program, which removes over 125 million pounds of waste from landfills each year
- Recycling Center located inside store for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as large grocery bags made with 100% recycled paper and reusable bags for purchase
"Since 1937, Stater Bros. has proudly served the community of Redlands and the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is especially proud to build this modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and 'valued' Redlands Customers," stated Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros.
Stater Bros. is the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County, with annual sales in 2012 of $3.9 billion. The Company currently operates 166 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family.
STATER BROS ... PROUDLY SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR 77 YEARS
Contact: Susan Atkinson
Vice President Corporate Affairs
P.O. Box 150 - San Bernardino, CA 92402
Phone: (909) 733-5038
SOURCE Stater Bros. Markets
More by this Source
New "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Supermarket to Open in Moreno Valley
Nov 06, 2013, 12:44 ET
Daughter of Stater Bros.' Vice President of Pharmacy Crowned 2014 Rose Queen
Oct 25, 2013, 18:49 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.