New CommVault Edge Solutions Deliver Sync, Search And Protection For The Mobile Workforce
-- CommVault Edge™ enhancements provide secure, self-service access to corporate data from anywhere
-- New file synchronization enables personal data clouds that can boost mobile productivity with instant access to files and folders
-- Simplifies search and self-service recovery of end-user information through integration with Microsoft Windows Explorer
OCEANPORT, N.J., July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) – IT organizations continue to struggle with managing and providing secure access to data employees create on PCs and mobile devices. To address these challenges, CommVault today announced new Edge software capabilities that empower users to securely share, search and restore files across their own mobile, desktop and laptop devices, without requiring IT assistance or third-party services. Based on the Simpana singular software platform, CommVault Edge is a complete solution for IT to automate protection for laptops and desktops and to provide end users with immediate access to their data, regardless of where it is created. With the ability to scale to protect up to 25,000 clients, CommVault Edge technology can meet the needs of even the largest mobile workforces and can be deployed alongside customers' legacy backup environments.
The latest Edge enhancements include file synchronization between PCs and native file search through a Microsoft Windows Explorer plug-in that allow organizations to retain control over their data and information while empowering corporate employees to securely share files among their devices. These new features extend the Edge solution's capabilities for mitigating risk associated with data protection, access and management, while boosting corporate productivity by making information readily available, portable and secure through personal data clouds.
"The popularity of cloud file services and legal pressures on eDiscovery compliance are forcing enterprises to re-think how they access business information," said Jeff Echols, Senior Director, Product & Solutions Marketing, CommVault. "Efficient modern data management technologies, such as CommVault Edge, can empower employees to securely share data across the organization for better collaboration and productivity, while meeting corporate compliance requirements – in effect, transforming IT into people-centric organizations that deliver more value to the business."
Better Backup and Secure Personal Clouds Boost Mobile Productivity, Cut Risk
CommVault Edge technology offers advanced data protection, access and search capabilities that enable customers to define an enterprise mobility strategy, including Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) initiatives, and address challenges associated with compliance, eDiscovery and information governance. The enhanced CommVault Edge solution provides:
- Edge Sync – Ensures that workers can always get to their most recent files or different versions, regardless of the computer they were created on, via automated synchronization that shares their work across their laptops and desktops, and allows access to this data from smartphones and tablets. Edge makes data fluid with the intelligence to only run a backup if a file has changed and provides support for different environments and operating systems, such as Windows (including Windows 8), Mac (including v10.8/10.9) and Linux.
- Edge Access - Delivers data portability and self-service access to a secure, personal "data cloud." A new Windows Explorer plug-in for Windows 7 and 8 environments extends Simpana software's robust search and recovery features including mobile apps, web-based portal and integrated enterprise search. From the single web portal, end users can retrieve and view all of their protected files and e-mail in the Simpana ContentStore, CommVault's virtual repository of all managed information. The Edge solution provides global access to distributed files and documents without having to resort to consumer-grade file sharing and cloud backup services, which are outside an IT department's awareness and control.
- Edge Protection - Enables efficient, secure and transparent protection for business-critical data on laptops and desktops through source-side deduplication, opportunistic scheduling, bandwidth throttling, flexible policy definition, and the intelligence to run a backup only if a file has changed.
- Interoperability with Legacy Backup – CommVault Edge can be deployed side by side with legacy backup products, which provides customers the flexibility to quickly implement a scalable protection solution for their corporate client PCs and maximize their existing technology investments.
- Availability - The new CommVault Edge file synchronization and search capabilities are available immediately in the Simpana 10 software release. Additionally, the integration of CommVault Edge solutions, with compliance and information governance options that are part of the complete Simpana software platform, enables organizations to transform the way individuals discover, retrieve and use information.
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Join CommVault on LinkedIn
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.