New Crystal Boutique Adventures Offer Hidden Peek At Coveted East Coast Sites Exclusive Cruise Excursions Highlight Iconic Art, Cuisine and Landscapes on Fall Voyages
LOS ANGELES, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A private tete-a-tete with Van Gogh's The Starry Night. Sharks and champagne. Giant and princess...scallops? Smelling the roses at Charleston's most famous private garden. Such unique experiences are among six Boutique Adventures Crystal Cruises is offering on Crystal Serenity East Coast/New England cruises from September to November 2014. The Boutique Adventures—extremely intimate shoreside outings not available on any other cruise line—include new excursions in Boston and New York City. Thanks to Crystal's connections, exclusive access and behind-the-scenes insight will be available in:
New York City
- A Private Tour of an empty MoMA – While the Museum of Modern Art is closed to the public, a local art historian will take the small group on a private tour, followed by independent exploration, through an unparalleled collection of masterpieces by such greats as Van Gogh, Rousseau, Chagall, Dali and Warhol.
- Skybox at Daniel: Manhattan's Most Exclusive Chef's Table – Crystal has reserved seats for just four culinary connoisseurs to not only dine at Chef Daniel Boulud's three Michelin-Starred DANIEL, but indulge in an eight-course tasting menu at the chef's table—a glass-enclosed Skybox suspended above the main dining room and open kitchen.
- Behind the Scenes at the New England Aquarium – An expert museum educator will walk guests through how the aquarium is run behind-the-scenes, from feeding to nursing sick fish, with opportunities to pet sharks and stingrays, then sip champagne at "America's Oldest Restaurant."
- The Flavors of Boston's North End – A local Italian foodie expert will guide travelers' stomachs through Boston's Little Italy with a "cuisine crawl" of authentic neighborhood markets, and a climatic final meal at award-winning local fave, Antico Forno restaurant.
- Cooking Lesson with Locavore Chef Johanne Vigneault – lles de la Madeleine's most renowned regional gourmet chef and restaurateur will teach participants secrets only the locals know for preparing the islands' delectable giant and princess scallops in a comprehensive gastronomic experience that travels from epicurean marketplace to hands-on kitchen to tasty table.
- "Mrs. Whaley and Her Charleston Garden" – Step inside the incredibly-manicured backdrop of this renowned book, with a private garden tour personally led by Mrs. Whaley's daughter.
"Whether it's VIP treatment for a sought-after luxury experience, or simply the opportunity to gain insights only a local expert would know, the Boutique Adventures allow our well-traveled guests to experience destinations in ways that most travelers cannot, and band with each other in the shared intimacy of the adventure," says John Stoll, vice president of land programs.
Five, seven- and 10-day cruises sail from Boston, New York City and Quebec City September 19 and 29; October 6, 16 and 26, calling in Baie-Comeau, Magdalen Islands, Sept-lles, and Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec; Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia; Saint-Pierre & Miquelon, France; Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine; Boston, Massachusetts; and Newport, Rhode Island. A sixth East Coast cruise sails from New York to Miami for fourteen days starting November 5, visiting Baltimore, Norfolk, Charleston, Turks & Caicos, Caracao, and Aruba. Until August 29, "Book Now" cruise fares start at just $2,830 per person.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Paul M. Garcia or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, email@example.com
SOURCE Crystal Cruises