AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 19, 2016 DELL EMC WORLD -
- Expands industry-leading Dell Financial Services (DFS) portfolio with unique payment solutions for a full complement of Dell EMC products and services
- DFS offers the most flexible consumption models in the industry to help customers match their financial objectives with their technology needs to enable a digital business
- Integrates end-to-end solutions with financing as part of the purchase process
Dell EMC today announced availability of the innovative OpenScale Payment Solutions from Dell Financial Services (DFS), developed to span a broad range of Dell EMC products and solutions. The OpenScale Payment Solutions provide the most flexible consumption options in the industry, to help customers scale technology availability with IT demand.
The Internet of Everything, also known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution, is transforming the way every business operates, and businesses must transform to survive. However, according to recent research from Dell Technologies, insufficient budget and resources tops the list of barriers slowing digital progress.
Dell EMC OpenScale Payment Solutions provide the underlying financial flexibility to enable and smooth this transition. The new portfolio combines Dell Scale Ready and EMC OpenScale flexible payment solutions to help customers invest in IT infrastructure and digital skills leadership on their own terms. With this new flexible consumption portfolio, Dell EMC customers – from small customers to global 50 – have access to the new and complete portfolio of Dell EMC technologies and solutions from basic scaling to full utility. The portfolio includes payment solutions across a continuum, from legacy applications running in a predictable environment to workloads with high variability and unique requirements in flexibility, scale and IT resource management. The payment solutions include:
- Pay As You Grow: similar to a traditional lease with set payments over time that fit the customer's budget. Customers receive and install the equipment immediately, and can set tiered payments that start low and increase as their business grows.
- Provision and Pay: customers may acquire technology over time with recurring plan, deploy and pay cycles, with time to configure and deploy technology before payments are due.
- Ready Capacity: customers may acquire base and buffer storage technology while deferring buffer capacity payments until activation occurs or nine months have elapsed, to ease planning for technology upgrades or incremental capacity.
- Flex on Demand: customers with variable server, storage and converged infrastructure usage can pay for only the technology used, setting a minimum payment for base storage capacity and paying for storage buffer as they use it.
- Datacenter Utility: establishes a pay-per-use environment across a customer's entire IT infrastructure, enabling IT to charge business departments in flexible ways, such as amount of storage used or time-based access to applications.
- Cloud Flex: gives customers the flexibility to validate the fit of select Dell EMC hybrid cloud solutions within their IT infrastructure and data center plans without committing upfront to an outright purchase.
Results from a recent IDC survey1 show that when selecting an IT infrastructure provider, more than half of respondents want a provider that can offer flexible IT consumption. Respondents in same study also said:
- Availability of flexible payment options or pay-per-use was very important (63 percent).
- Lack of a pay-per-use model would cause their organization to remove an IT infrastructure provider or IT cloud services provider from its provider list (56 percent).
Now that Dell and EMC have merged into one, the company is moving at an accelerated pace to deliver even greater customer value through combined technology and service offerings and even faster innovation. Dell EMC will deliver to customers the quality, speed of delivery, price points and consumption flexibility only possible through its world-class supply chain and financial services offerings. This strategy will enable more customers to partner with Dell EMC as their single vendor for end-to-end enterprise solutions designed to modernize, automate and transform their data centers.
Industry Analyst Quote
"Pay-per-use options are growing in popularity with both IaaS and traditional IT infrastructure customers, and their satisfaction levels and future requirements are beginning to crystallize," says Susan G. Middleton, research director, Technology Financing Strategies. "Our research shows that pay-per-use programs are now a key requirement when enterprises evaluate their IT infrastructure partners."
Dell EMC Executive Quote
"Customers today have a huge opportunity to transition to a digital business that predictively spots new opportunities and innovates in agile ways, but financing is needed to drive the transformation," said Bill Wavro, President, Dell Financial Services. "We built the Dell EMC OpenScale Payment Solutions Portfolio to provide customers with the ultimate flexibility in technology consumption, with options to match their use cases and financial objectives."
The Dell EMC OpenScale Payment Solutions are available now direct from Dell EMC and through channel partners in most of Europe and all of North America and from financing partners in more than 50 countries globally.
- Read the Blog: "How to Determine the Right Technology Consumption Option for You"
- For the latest news from Dell EMC, follow @DellEMCNews on Twitter; use #DellEMCWorld
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN.
- Attend Dell EMC World virtually at DellEMCWorldLIVE
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell Financial Services
Dell Financial Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dell Technologies and a global financial services provider with the capability to finance the total solution for customers and channel partners, including Dell, Dell EMC, VMware and third-party hardware, software and services in more than 50 countries.
Dell EMC World
Dell EMC World 2016, Oct. 18-20, is Dell Technologies' flagship event, bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow #DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
Copyright © 2016 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Source: IDC, Enterprise Customers View of Pay-Per-Use Offerings, August 2016, Doc # US41673116
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-dell-emc-openscale-payment-solutions-portfolio-delivers-flexibility-in-it-acquisition-and-consumption-300347427.html
SOURCE Dell EMC