LAS VEGAS, Jan. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers do laundry almost every day, and at the end of all that effort (5.7 loads washed per week), 67% are not even happy with their current washer's cleaning performance4. After all the pain and hassle of getting the clothes from the floor, to the hamper, to the washer, shouldn't you just be able to assume they are clean at the end of the cycle? Now you can. Today at the 2016 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS), Electrolux unveiled a first-of-its-kind wash system that delivers a deep clean by premixing water and detergent before the wash begins. The stain-fighting power of the new Electrolux washer featuring LuxCare™ Wash and SmartBoost™ technology, along with the new Electrolux dryer featuring Instant Refresh™ and Perfect Steam™, are poised to deliver game-changing innovation to the laundry room.
Unlike other front load and top load washers, the new Electrolux washer with SmartBoost™ technology premixes water and detergent before the wash cycle begins. The result? A deep all-around clean that quickly and effectively removes stains. The line also introduces the LuxCare™ Wash System, refined from thousands of hours of testing in the Electrolux fabric care labs and designed to deliver better clean and care of fabrics on every cycle.
"Our new Electrolux Washer and Dryer pair are going to change the industry's standard for cleaning performance," said John Weinstock, Senior Vice President Marketing for Electrolux Major Appliances in North America. "Thanks to our innovative, first-of-its-kind new design and technology, this truly is an unprecedented level of clean you can achieve at home while maintaining the quality of your favorite fabrics."
Electrolux sets the global standard for laundry and an expert-level clean with its Electrolux Professional Wascator, which is the required industry washing machine by which all laundry manufacturers must measure their performance against. In fact, the procedure to measure cleaning performance defined by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) requires all manufacturers to use the Wascator as a reference for measuring cleaning performance in their own testing.
Below is the premiere laundry pair Electrolux debuted at the show:
- Perfect Steam™ Washer with LuxCare™ Wash and SmartBoost™ (NEW)
- SmartBoost™ introduces an exclusive technology that infuses water with detergent in a special chamber before the cycle begins, for a deep clean that removes tough stains in all cycles
- LuxCare™ Wash system features improved wash actions, perfect cycle timing, temperature control, and smart load sensing
- 15-minute Fast Wash Cycle quickly deep cleans the items you need most1
- Sanitize option is certified to kill and remove 99% of bacteria and 95% of allergens2
- StainSoak™ option tailors the wash program to your specific type of stain. Starts by premixing water, detergent, and stain remover in a unique chamber to create a powerful, yet gentle cleaning solution. Then, the temperature, tumbling actions, and time are refined and optimized for your specific stain needs.
- More Efficient Cleaning than High-Efficiency Top Load: On average, consumers save 40 gallons of water per week with the Electrolux Front Load, compared with a leading high-efficiency top load washer3 4
- Perfect Steam™ option vents steam from the bottom to effectively remove stains
- Perfect Balance® System balances loads for smooth, quiet operation – so quiet you can run it whenever, and wherever, you want without disrupting your household
- Extended Refresh adds a rinse and spin after the wash cycle to keep garments fresh until you can switch them to the dryer
- Fresh Water Rinse uses fresh water in the final rinse to ensure residual detergent is removed, for fabrics that are gentler on sensitive skin
- Available for purchase in April, 2016; $1,099 MSRP
- Perfect Steam™ Dryer with Instant Refresh™ and 9 Cycles (NEW)
- Instant Refresh™ Cycle gently removes wrinkles and revives fabrics in 10 minutes
- 15-Minute Fast Dry Cycle quickly dries the items you need most1
- Perfect Steam™ option gently releases wrinkles and reduces static to keep clothes looking their best
- Sanitize option is certified to kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria and reduce viruses2
- Extended Tumble option gently tumbles your clothes without heat to keep them tangle-free. Perfect for when you cannot remove clothes right after the cycle ends
- Largest Capacity Dryer dries the most in one load with 8.0 cu. ft. capacity5
- Moisture Sensors for Gentle Drying: clothes are gently tumbled while large moisture sensors detect when clothes are dry so the dryer can turn off and prevent over-drying
- Available for purchase in April, 2016; $1,099 MSRP
1 Fast time based on 3lb DOE load
2 Our product meets the NSF® testing standards
3 Based on the current December 2015 IMEF and IWF Declarations based on cee1.org website, Samsung WA52J806*A*
4 Based on average of 5.7 loads washed per week, Electrolux Global Category Lens Report
5 Based on manufacturers specifications among common 27" platforms
To learn more about the Electrolux Group and its full range of innovative home appliances, rooted in a deep European design heritage, professional expertise and breakthrough technology please visit www.electroluxappliances.com.
About The Electrolux Group: Electrolux has a rich heritage of developing innovative kitchen appliances in Europe, which have been used throughout fine homes and restaurants for more than 90 years. Among these products is the prestigious Molteni brand, a name chosen by the world's greatest chefs who expect the ultimate in cooking performance. Design centers around the world are focused on understanding consumer needs and developing innovative designs that fit how consumers live. For more information, visit www.electroluxappliances.com.