LONG BEACH, Calif., Aug. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, today introduced the Epson Artisan® 837 and Artisan 730 wireless all-in-one printers for photo and technology enthusiasts who demand fast, reliable and better than lab-quality prints at home. The new Artisan line combines power and convenience in a sleek, compact design, featuring new midnight blue accents and a three-times-brighter emerald green smart touch panel display for easy PC-free navigation.
The Epson Artisan 837 and 730 also offer Epson Connect for hassle-free printing on the go. With Epson Connect, mobile device users can print web pages, photos, documents, and e-mail attachments directly from tablets, smart phones and other mobile devices(1).
Built to perform, the Epson Artisan premium home all-in-ones deliver the world's fastest 4"x6" photo print speeds(2), producing brilliant, Ultra Hi-Definition 4"x6" prints in as fast as 10 seconds(3). In addition, the Epson Artisan 837 and 730 are rated number-one in photo quality by consumers(4). Both models allow users to print, scan and access memory card slots(5) from any room in the house with built-in wireless and Ethernet networking(6). For added convenience, the flagship Artisan 837 also offers high-speed color copying and faxing with a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder.
"Epson Artisan all-in-ones are designed to provide photo enthusiasts with the ultimate creativity tool, offering fast printing, brilliant ultra hi-definition color prints, and a versatile feature set," said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Epson America, Inc. "Whether printing elegant invitations, newsletters, portraits, or coloring book pages for the kids, the Artisan 837 and 730 deliver premium quality results every time. In our ongoing efforts to give consumers performance printing wherever they are, the latest series of Artisan models also offer a range of on-the-go printing capabilities and convenience."
Additional High-Performance Epson Artisan 837 and 730 Features:
- Deliver professional-quality photos that are smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant
- Offer Claria® Ultra Hi-Definition ink that lasts up to four times longer than lab photos(7)
- Deliver vivid, true-to-life photos with Epson's exclusive MicroPiezo® print head with DX5™ technology
- Offer built-in wireless and Ethernet networking(6) to deliver up to 2.5 times the performance of the previous 802.11b
- Print, scan and share directly from your Apple® iPhone®, tablet and other mobile devices – no computer necessary
- Deliver fast print speeds of 9.6 ISO ppm black and 9.1 ISO ppm color single-sided; 4.9 ISO ppm black and 4.7 ISO ppm color two-sided(8)
- Save up to 50 percent of paper supply with automatic two-sided printing
- Create personalized greeting cards, coloring book pages, elegant stationery, and note paper
- Create professional-looking discs by printing images and text directly onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs
- Feature built-in Auto Photo Correction to automatically evaluate and correct images and red eye
- Accommodate various printing needs with individual ink cartridges at affordable prices (standard and high-capacity sizes)(9)
- Offer a range of eco features and environmental qualifications including, ENERGY STAR® and RoHS compliance, and is designed to be recycled(10)
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Artisan 837 ($299.99*) and Artisan 730 ($199.99*) all-in-ones will be available in September through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide and Epson's retail site, www.epsonstore.com.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 75,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and (http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson and Claria are registered trademarks, and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Artisan is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) See www.epson.com/mobileprinting for a list of supported/compatible devices and apps.
(2) Compared to inkjet, photo all-in-ones priced at $299 or less as of April 1, 2010, based on independent testing.
(3) Color photo in Draft Mode on Premium Photo Paper Glossy measured from start of paper feed. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details.
(4) First in photo quality when compared to inkjet, photo all-in-ones priced at $299 or less, based on independent testing.
(5) Some applications and/or functions may not be supported under Mac OS® X.
(6) Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
(7) Display permanence based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions; album permanence based on accelerated testing of prints in dark storage conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
(8) ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
(9) Cartridge yields are based on continuous printing of a suite of five black and color pages as required by ISO/ IEC 24711 and 24712. Actual yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. A variable amount of ink remains in the cartridges after the "replace cartridge" signal. Part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the all-in-one. Ink is used for both printing and print head maintenance. All inks are used for both black and color printing. For more information about yields for this all-in-one, see www.epson.com/cartridgeinfo.
(10) See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
*Estimated street price
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.