New Equipment Digest Announces Best New Manufacturing Product Award Winners
The Inaugural King Awards Showcases Innovation and Significant Inventive Developments of New Products in Manufacturing
CLEVELAND, April 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton Media's New Equipment Digest, the industry's most preferred and trusted source for product news in manufacturing, has announced the winners of its inaugural King Awards competition, which showcases the best new manufacturing products introduced during the year, and recognizes the talent and commitment of the companies involved with the development of these products. The print and digital readers of New Equipment Digest chose the gold, silver and bronze winners in 11 distinct categories in an online voting process.
According to John DiPaola , Vice President of Penton Media's Manufacturing and Supply Chain Group and Publisher of New Equipment Digest, "there was a tremendous response to this year's competition. We had 83 outstanding product nominees and more than 6,000 votes were cast for the products. The NED audience was engaged in the King Award program and the amount of product entries and votes surpassed our expectations."
The 2012 NED King Award winners, featured in the April issue, are:
- Threadlocker Tape, Henkel Corp., GOLD
- High-Speed Soldering System, Spirig Advanced Technologies Inc. (SAT), SILVER
- Cable & Pipe Clamp, Thomas & Betts Corp., BRONZE
Controls & Instruments Category
- Configurable MHI Panel, EAO Corp., GOLD
- Wi-Fi Infrared Camera, FLIR Systems, SILVER
- Wireless Articulating Videoscope, Extech Instruments, a FLIR Co., BRONZE
- AC/DC Clamp Meter, Fluke Corp., GOLD
- Push-In Luminaire Disconnect, Thomas & Betts, SILVER
- Lighted Alarm, Floyd Bell Inc., BRONZE
Facilities/Maintenance/Plant Operations Category
- De-Stratification Fans, Zoo Fans, GOLD
- Laser Alignment System, LUDECA, SILVER
- Latching Lid for Poly Drums, New Pig Corp., BRONZE
Fluid/Pneumatic Power Category
- Hydraulic Hose Monitor, Eaton Corp., GOLD
- Atomizing Spray Nozzles, EXAIR Corp., SILVER
- Intelligent Compressor Control, Kaeser Compressors, BRONZE
Material Handling Category
- Integrated Lift Truck Scale, Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc., GOLD
- Drum Containment Bag, New Pig Corp., SILVER
- Belt Conveyor, Dorner Manufacturing, BRONZE
- Cryogenic Machining, MAG IAS, LLC, GOLD
- Portable Magnetic Drill, CS Unitec, Inc., SILVER
Motion Control Category
- Joystick with Hand Grip, J.R. Merritt Controls, Inc., GOLD
- ACS Stepper/Drive/Controller, Tolomatic, SILVER
- Magnetic Encoder with Sensor, Novotechnik, BRONZE
Packaging Equipment & Supplies Category
- Triplex Steel Pail, Cleveland Steel Container, GOLD
- Paper Void Fill System, Sealed Air Protective Packaging, SILVER
- Label Printing System, K-Sun Corp., BRONZE
Process Equipment Category
- Heat Sensitive Labels, Spirig Advanced Technologies Inc. (SAT), GOLD
- Documenting Process Calibrators, Fluke Corp., SILVER
- Stop Switch, EAO Corp., GOLD
- HEPA Safety Monitoring Filter, Camfil Farr APC, SILVER
- Auto-Darkening Filter, Kimberly-Clark Professional, BRONZE
We are pleased to bestow these awards on significant and inventive products that enable all involved in manufacturing to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively," DiPaola further explains. "We offer our congratulations to the winning companies."
Pictures and descriptions of the winning products can be found in the April issue of New Equipment Digest and online at www.newequipment.com/kingawardwinners. The winning products will also be displayed at the 2012 IndustryWeek Best Plants conference (www.iwbestplants.com), April 23-25 in Indianapolis.
For details on how you can enter your innovative product in the 2013 King Awards competition, simply visit www.newequipment.com/kingawardsentry
Contact: Jacquie Niemiec , 216-931-9585, email@example.com
SOURCE Penton Media Inc.
More by this Source
Penton Names Joe Territo Senior Vice President, Content and User Engagement
Feb 04, 2013, 10:00 ET
Kate Spellman Joins Penton as SVP Marketing
Jan 07, 2013, 12:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.