MORRISVILLE, N.C., May 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As fears circulate around the term "super lice," misconceptions about the effectiveness of over-the-counter treatments are also spreading. Newer non-toxic, pesticide-free solutions such as Vamousse have developed innovative ways to tackle super lice head-on.
Super lice have developed resistance to certain pesticides used in traditional treatment products, according to a recent report from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)1. These super lice are genetically resistant to permethrin and pyrethrin, the active ingredients in many traditional lice treatments. Super lice can survive even despite proper use of these products, which can cause frustration with parents.
Pesticide resistance means a need for a new generation of products. "Vamousse Lice Treatment works differently to kill lice and eggs, avoiding pesticide resistance issues," says Jason Schmidt, an entomologist and Director of Product Development for TyraTech. "The active ingredient, natrum muriaticum, dehydrates the lice without using a pesticide."
Vamousse is clinically proven effective against pesticide-resistant super lice2. Unlike many traditional products, Vamousse uses a physical mode of action to dehydrate lice and eggs by contact, to end an infestation fast.
Vamousse Lice Treatment was tested in clinical trials and lab studies using internationally recognized ASTM testing protocols.3 Following these industry standards, the product was tested against head lice and head lice eggs. Testing showed that Vamousse Lice Treatment, applied per product instructions, can kill both lice and eggs with a 15-minute exposure. While efficacy is critical, the AAP reports that treatment ideally should also be safe, free of toxic chemicals, easy to get without a prescription, easy to use, and affordable.1
"Parents want to be able to kill lice fast, but they also want the treatment to be safe and non-toxic," says Schmidt. "Fortunately, this new generation of treatment starts working on contact and is available over-the-counter, typically in the first-aid or hair care section, making even super lice control accessible."
Additional information and resources can be found at www.VamousseLice.com.
- Clinically proven to kill lice and eggs in 1 treatment2
- Safe, non-toxic, and pesticide-free
- Proven effective against pesticide-resistant super lice2
- Easy-to-use mousse is quick and precise, rinses easily
- Available over-the-counter nationwide at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Kmart, and in some regional chains, including Harris Teeter and HEB, and online at Walmart.com, CVS.com, Walgreens.com, Amazon.com and Drugstore.com.
- MSRP $24.99
- Non-toxic daily shampoo defends against head lice
- Shown in lab studies to kill lice
- Great for use by the whole family during:
- Lice outbreaks at school
- Summer camp, sleepovers
- Treatment of a sibling
- Risk of re-infestation
- Available over-the-counter nationwide at Walmart and in some regional chains, including Harris Teeter, and online at Walgreens.com, Amazon.com, Drugstore.com and Walmart.com.
- MSRP $12.99
- Powder home cleaning aid eliminates lice on non-washable household items
- Kills by contact
- Safe, non-toxic, no synthetic pesticides
- Clean scent
- Available online at Amazon.com
- MSRP $10.99
Established in 2004, TyraTech, Inc. (AIM: TYR and TYRU) is a life sciences company focusing on nature-derived insect and parasite control products that are as effective as traditional chemical options while providing a new level of safety for people, animals, and the environment. TyraTech's Nature's Technology® leverages its patented scientific platform to provide a full range of biocides, head lice treatment, and insect repellent solutions, including Vamousse.
1 American Academy of Pediatrics (2016) Report on lice Retrieved from http://www.aappublications.org/news/2016/04/11/Lice041116
2 Clinical trial conducted at Lice Source Services, Plantation, FL, Dec. 2015
3 Scientific study information is available at http://www.vamousselice.com/scientific-studies
Contact: Chris Shigas
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-generation-of-head-lice-treatment-tackles-super-lice-300264077.html